Forum Stats

• 3,837,097 Users
  • 2,262,225 Discussions
  • 7,900,202 Comments

Discussions

@return function error - I cant display the message when the business rule is attached to the form

User_CN0ZB
User_CN0ZB Member Posts: 170 Blue Ribbon
edited Nov 12, 2014 3:43AM in Planning and Budgeting

Dears,

I have used @return function in a business Rule , when i run the business rule from Tools -> Business Rule it works properly , and the message of the @Ruturn Function is shown.

But when I attached the business rule to the form , it gives me  the following error :

" An error occurred while running the specified calc script . ADF_FACES-60097: For more information, Please see the server's error log for an entry beginning with :ADF_FACES-60096: Server Exception during PPR,#26"

The following is the business rule that i am using :

SET FRMLBOTTOMUP ON;

Var _Ceilings;

Var _Budget;

FIX ( &BudYr )

FIX ( "Estimated" )

FIX ( "IC_Total")

FIX ( "E_$$$")

FIX ( Local )

FIX(D_$$$)

HSP_Inputvalue

(

_Ceilings =HSP_Inputvalue->"A_$$"->"D_$$"->"YearTotal"->"Total_Administratives"->"Total_Institutions"->"Total_G"->"$$$$$-Ceilings";

_Budget= HSP_Inputvalue ->"A_$$"->"YearTotal"->"Working_$$$$"->"Total_Administratives"->"Total_Institutions"->"Total_G";

IF (_Ceilings < _Budget )

@RETURN( "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$", ERROR);

ENDIF

)

ENDFIX

ENDFIX

ENDFIX

ENDFIX

ENDFIX

ENDFIX

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• KKT
    KKT Member Posts: 1,134 Silver Trophy

Please check the Oracle metalink with below doc id.

Error "ADFC-10001: cannot instantiate class 'approval.view.backing.HspViewDetailsBean'" While Clicking on Action Link for a Planning Unit With Secondary Dimension (Doc ID 1491987.1)

Hyperion Planning Error "ADF_FACES-60097;For more information please see the server's error log" When Starting Process Management Approval Process (Doc ID 1537223.1)

Thanks.

~KKT~

KKT
  • Ambo
    Ambo Member Posts: 33

Hi

Have had a similar problem - not a fix but a workaround is to add a prompt such that you force a  pop up box to appear.  I have used a smartlist with a message "do you wish to continue", values continue or cancel. (put in an extra @Return at the top to kill the calc if they hit cancel), and it has seemed to get around the problem.

Cheers

Ambo
  • User_CN0ZB

Thank you for your reply , but i am not sure if i have understood this or not. so you have used a smart list then what ?? and if they hit cancel then @return ?

any chance that you can share a sample for the code ?

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond

Which version of Planning is it?

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• User_CN0ZB
  • JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jun 2, 2014 7:35AM

It might be worth looking at applying the following PSE which needs to be installed after .500

Release 11.1.2.3.500 Patch Set Exception (PSE): 18676487

Defects fixed:

18233568, 17993870 - Running Business rules with @RETURN function in planning data form gives error.

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

JohnGoodwin
  • Ambo
    Ambo Member Posts: 33

Hi

If it is run on save in the form then we have had to add the following bit of code to the rule:

Fix(MemberDim1,MemberDim2,MemberDim3) /* A single block that exists*/

MemberDim5(IF({YesOrNo} == [[YesNo.No]])  /*YesOrNo is the variable that references the smartlist and YesNo is the smartlist*/

@RETRUN("Calc has been stopped by the User","Error");

ENDIF)

ENDFIX

rest of Calc..

However if you are running it on a form via a menu just make sure you add a Launch Confirmation Message and don't worry about the extra bit of code.

Cheers

Ambo
  • User_CN0ZB

Thanks ! I will try it  
    Oracle just replied that it is a bug and the date release of its patch is unknown yet ! 

• User_CN0ZB

Hi Ambo,

One more question, how do you use Smart list in a message ?? I have never done this before , what i know that I attach s smartlist to base member. and in a Data form i choose its value.

Thank you in advance,

• 18_4_Ever
    18_4_Ever Member Posts: 150

Ambo,

Can you be a tad more specific?   I'm running into same issue but not understanding in full your answer. In theory I see what you're saying but not sure how to code it.   Are you saying create a variable in Calc Mgr and tie it to a SmartList named 'YesNo' somehow?  Very confused.  Appreciate full clarification or example. 

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.