• 7,870,480 Comments

Discussions

Distinguishing Scenario Values in ERPI on the basis of FLAG

Anubhav
Anubhav Member Posts: 85
edited Jun 2, 2014 7:02AM in Financial Data Management

Hi Team,

Newly i have started working in ERPi.

i am fetching the data from Oracle EBS into Hyperion Planning Using ERPi.

Now in EBS they habe two books(Accounting Entity) and in one book they have "Actual Accrual", "Budget" and "Encumbrance" having same ledger id, distinguishable by a Flag field.

Now While Loading the data using ERPi i am getting the correct value for "Actual Accrual" but when i am loading "Budget" and "Encumbrance" i am having wrong value and on further investigation i found out that its taking "Actual Accrual" Valued and loading into "Budget" and "Encumbrance".

now can you suggest some way where i can distinguish in ERPi on the basis of Flag in EBS to Load data at correct place.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Anubhav Bisht

Best Answer

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    Accepted Answer

Hi Anubhav,

Data Load Rules are defined by Locations and Category (which is mapped to your target Scenario)

You can have one location with 3 data load rules, one for ERPI category Actuals, another for Budget, and another for Encumbrance. In order to map your ERPI categories to you HP Scenario, you will need to configure category mappings for Application for the three categories you have.

Regarding your source balance type, you select it when you create the data load rule (Field Source Balance Type)

So, you would have 1 location with 3 data load rules:

- Data Load Rule 1: ERPI Category ACTUALS + Source Balance Type = ACTUAL

- Data Load Rule 2: ERPI Category BUDGET + Source Balance Type = BUDGET

- Data Load Rule 3: ERPI Category ENCUMBRANCE + Source Balance Type = ENCUMBRANCE

These are the basis. If you need more than one location or less categories., you can do it so.

I hope this clarifies.

Answers

• KKT
    KKT Member Posts: 1,128

Did you created two seperate location in fdm for to load from two SOB? if not then i will suggest to create two different location in FDM and then map the same in ERP data load two seprate rules as well.

Thanks,
    ~KKT~

• Anubhav

I have Created Two Different location in ERPi and tqo different load rule..

My concern is how will ERPi know that which flag to pick up for which Scenario member?

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    Accepted Answer

Hi Anubhav,

Data Load Rules are defined by Locations and Category (which is mapped to your target Scenario)

You can have one location with 3 data load rules, one for ERPI category Actuals, another for Budget, and another for Encumbrance. In order to map your ERPI categories to you HP Scenario, you will need to configure category mappings for Application for the three categories you have.

Regarding your source balance type, you select it when you create the data load rule (Field Source Balance Type)

So, you would have 1 location with 3 data load rules:

- Data Load Rule 1: ERPI Category ACTUALS + Source Balance Type = ACTUAL

- Data Load Rule 2: ERPI Category BUDGET + Source Balance Type = BUDGET

- Data Load Rule 3: ERPI Category ENCUMBRANCE + Source Balance Type = ENCUMBRANCE

These are the basis. If you need more than one location or less categories., you can do it so.

I hope this clarifies.

• Anubhav

Appreciate your help.

thanks a lot.....

Regards

Anubhav Bisht

This discussion has been closed.