Forum Stats

• 3,814,574 Users
  • 2,258,888 Discussions
  • 7,892,775 Comments

Discussions

Set up validation across hierarchies

MCoquyt
MCoquyt Member Posts: 20

We are on an older version of DRM (version 11.1.1.4)

I would like to know if the following validation is possible and how to do it

I have two hierarchies like the following:

DEPARTMENT

IT SERVICES

HELPDESK      PROPERTY.STATE = IOWA

STATES

IOWA

MINNESOTA

CITIES

DES MOINES

MINNEAPOLIS

What I would like to do is set up a validation that ensures that whatever is put into the property of STATE in the DEPARTMENT hierarchy is also a child of the STATES node in the LOCATION hierarchy; however I want it to just look at the children under STATES, not the whole hierarchy in general, as there could be shared nodes under a different parent that have the same value.  These are just made-up hierarchies to ask my question, so I don't really have a good example.

As a first step, I wanted to create a property using the NodeInHier function that would return true/false if the value was present, but it looks like you can only specify a hierarchy name, but not a parent node?  Is that right?

Any suggestions are welcome, as I have been stuck on this for a while.

Thanks!  

Tagged:
MCoquyt

Best Answer

• Murali Pasumarti
    Murali Pasumarti Member Posts: 498 Gold Badge
    Answer ✓

If you wish to do it this way, try adding an AND condition with Equals(String,HierNodePropValue(LOCATION,Abbrev(),Core.Parent),STATES)

(Or)

Create the States property as of Data Type "Node" and in the constraints specify the Location Hierarchy Group,  and to validate further use the above condition in your validation.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.