• 3,838,632 Users
  • 2,262,385 Discussions
  • 7,900,715 Comments

Discussions

Planning attributes on a web form in version 11.1.2.2

user9513294
user9513294 Member Posts: 107
edited Jun 23, 2014 1:42PM in Planning and Budgeting

Hello. We have a sparse dimension where level 0 members are associated with a single attribute dimension. I want to be able to create a form that displays all sparse stored dimension members that are associated with a single attribute ("blue", for example).

How can I do this in 11.1.2.2?

In the form layout editor, I have selected the dimension on the Row, and in it's Dimension Properties window I have selected "Enable Custom Attributes" and then selected the single attribute dimension it is associated with below that.

Now when I go into the form editor's member selection window for that dimension, I don't see a function or way to list members of that dimension for a given attribute. I can click on "Keep Only by Attributes" and I can then query members for a given attribute, but that then just displays the current list of stored dimension members at the current point in time. I can't select an @ATTRIBUTE('xxx") for example. Filtering by the current members associated with an attribute and then hard-coding the form to a specific set of membernames won't work because those members change over time as attribute metadata changes.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Geeky Nerdman
    Geeky Nerdman Member Posts: 360 Silver Trophy

From the help:

For text attributes, the selected operator is applied to each level 0 descendant based on its position in the hierarchy, from top (lowest value) to bottom (highest value).

In this example, Envelope is at the top position and has the lowest value. Packet has the next higher value, followed by Box, Carton, Barrel and Crate. Crate is at the bottom position and has the highest value.

For this text attribute, selecting Less and Small includes values that are less than Envelope or less than Packet. Because Envelope is less than Packet, the resulting selection includes only Envelope. Likewise, selecting Greater and Large includes values that are greater than Barrel or greater than Crate, so the resulting selection includes only Crate.

Containers

Small

Envelope

Packet

Medium

Box

Carton

Large

Barrel

Crate

Table 58. Example: Text Attribute Evaluation

Selected OperatorSelected Attribute ValueResultExplanation
    EqualMediumBox, CartonThe Equal operator is applied to all level 0 descendants of Medium, which includes Box and Carton.
    NotEqualMediumEnvelope, Packet, Barrel, CrateThe NotEqual operator is applied to all level 0 descendants of Medium. This includes values not equal to Box AND not equal to Carton, which results in Envelope, Packet, Barrel, and Crate.
    LessMediumBox, Packet, EnvelopeThe Less operator is applied to all level 0 descendants of Medium. This includes everything at a lower position than Carton OR a lower position than Box, which results in Box, Packet, and Envelope.
    LessOrEqualMediumEnvelope, Packet, Box, CartonThe LessOrEqual operator is applied to all level 0 descendants of Medium. This includes everything at the same position as Carton OR at a lower position than Carton, which results in Envelope, Packet, Box, and Carton.
  • user9513294

Yes I see that and when I select the "Keep Only by Attributes" which allows me to select an attribute dimension and either "==" or "<>" operators and then the individual text attribute member. After I do that, it then displays all of the stored member level 0 members that match that criteria. But it appears to only let me select those stored members as a hard-coded list in the form; I can't just select the soft-coded attribute that I want. Hard-coding the form for those stored members doesn't work because I expect that attribute metadata to change over time.

Thanks.

• Geeky Nerdman
    Geeky Nerdman Member Posts: 360 Silver Trophy

That does not make sense.  Sorry that did not help.  I may be able to test it some tomorrow, but I just got busy for this afternoon.

• JB1
    JB1 Member Posts: 237

Is this not just as simple as typing in the name of your attribute you wish to display the members for in the row, rather than the actual member names?

Eg if Green and Blue are members of an attribute dim

MemberA - Green

MemberB - Blue

MemberC - Green

Type Green into your WF against the relevant dimension and you should get MemberA and MemberC listed.  That is the behaviour in 11.1.2.1 anyway, not sure if 11.1.2.2 is any different.

JB

• user9513294

No, the only thing I can seem to be able to do is click on the "Keep only by Attributes" button in the member selection dialogue box for the dimension row in the web form editor. There I can select the attribute "Green" and then it lists all of the stored members who are associated with the attribute Green. I can then hard-code from the list of those stored members.

I want to be able to soft code the form to display all members of the stored dim that have the "Green" attribute.

This is on 11.1.2.2.

• user9513294

figured it out... I have to go to the "Variables" tab on the member selection form, select "Attributes" and then use the Equal function to soft code it to all Green attributes. Thanks everyone.

This discussion has been closed.