Forum Stats

• 3,827,316 Users
  • 2,260,761 Discussions
  • 7,897,202 Comments

Discussions

Financial Reporting Studio Connect to HFM?

Answers

• Thanos A
    Thanos A Consolidation System Manager Member Posts: 1,441 Silver Trophy

Hi Rodney,

Have you installed HFM desktop or ADF drivers on the client machine? If not, this is the issue...

Regards,

Thanos

• kkwok
    kkwok Member Posts: 154 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 2, 2014 11:01AM

Definitely the HFM client and ADF needs to be installed,

Also, for the Database Connection Properties:

Database Connection Name: a name you give for your connection. could be anything

Type: Financial management

Server: Your HFM server name

User ID: the HSS user/password

Application:the HFM application name.

• Rodney P
    Rodney P Member Posts: 52

HFM client is installed but ADF drivers have not been installed on the client machine. I will try this from one of the servers in the environment with ADF drivers and the client installed to try and bypass this issue

• Rodney P

I dont understand how it would connect to HFM with the application server name if its a SQL backend, I would figure that it would need to be the database server for the server. I found the database connection manager within workspace but I seem to be getting the same issue with hanging up for about 3 minutes and then receiving an error message which states "Error connecting to database connection gdcustst12: Class not registered" gdcustst12 is the name of our HFM application server.

• kkwok
    kkwok Member Posts: 154 Blue Ribbon

Hi Rodney,

I m no HFM expert, since i m an infrastructure guy, but with my experience, the HFM connects to a database, and the HFR talks to the HFM and not the database that it is connected to. So, the database connection in question is in fact the HFM server name and not the SQL database server name.  The connection on my system is working perfectly.  At first, we had some problem with the firewall ports, but after we open them, everything works just fine.

Please let us know how your infrastructure is done? is your HFM server on the same server as the foundation / HFR server? is there any firewall in question?

• Rodney P

we have 5 servers and HFR and HFM are installed on different servers but the firewall wouldn't play a part in this issue between servers due to rules we have set in place. do you mind sending a screenshot of what your database connection properties look like for HFR for the connection to HFM?

• Thanos A
    Thanos A Consolidation System Manager Member Posts: 1,441 Silver Trophy

Hi Rodney,

HFM may be a database back-end application but the data you are going to retrieve will come via the HFM application... this is why you need the ADF drivers.

Regards,

Thanos

• Rodney P

I understand now, I have a call with Oracle scheduled for now so I will see what they say and then follow up with you guys after the call. Thanks for the help

• Rodney P

After working with oracle, we determined that the issue was DCOM was not configured on the foundations server. This is the case because HFM and HFR are installed on separate servers within my environment.

This discussion has been closed.