Forum Stats

• 3,759,061 Users
  • 2,251,495 Discussions
  • 7,870,477 Comments

Discussions

How do I establish a smart merge process in my FDM system?

2735350 Member Posts: 10
edited Sep 29, 2014 3:12AM in Financial Data Management

I'm painfully new to FDM and I've realised that Smart Merge can be achieved via FDM for data protection. Could any kind soul out there help me with how to achieve the smart merge system or guide me to relevant documentation, if any? Thanks a ton!

Tagged:

Answers

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,187 Bronze Crown

You should be able to find information in the FDM Admin Guide which you can download from the Oracle EPM documentation site. Bear in mind though that your target application may also need a design change in association to make the use of this feature feasible

• Julien C
    Julien C Member Posts: 22

Hi,

Smart Merge is not included by itself in FDM, but Data Protection is.

Can you tell me more about what you are trying to achieve, just to make sure it is doable.

Julien

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    edited Aug 25, 2014 4:42AM

As suggested above, Smart Merge is a custom solution in FDM.

There are different implementations based on specific requirements.

Basically it addresses issues with data protection when using Replace and reallocations (reallocating balances).

Hi Julien,

I've convinced my client to use Data protection instead of Smartmerge and we created a member in the DataSource dimension to specifically achieve this purpose. Now, I'm facing with another problem. From the research I've done in Data Protection, I've realized that FDM appends the data in the protected intersections to the load file that's created by FDM via Import process. The problem is that, there's Shares data in HFM and I'm getting an error that says "Error: Load file cannot contain shares data according to user option." I'm fairly certain that a certain user option(It'd be great if you have an idea as to where I can find this user option) is preventing the already present Shares data to be loaded via FDM. Have you faced this sort of error before? Is there a work around on this?

Thanks,

Rohit

Hi Francisco,

I've convinced my client to use Data protection instead of Smartmerge and we created a member in the DataSource dimension to specifically achieve this purpose. Now, I'm facing with another problem. From the research I've done in Data Protection, I've realized that FDM appends the data in the protected intersections to the load file that's created by FDM via Import process. The problem is that, there's Shares data in HFM and I'm getting an error that says "Error: Load file cannot contain shares data according to user option." I'm fairly certain that a certain user option(It'd be great if you have an idea as to where I can find this user option) is preventing the already present Shares data to be loaded via FDM. Have you faced this sort of error before? Is there a work around on this?

Thanks,

Rohit

This discussion has been closed.