• 2,251,495 Discussions
  • 7,870,477 Comments

Discussions

How to allocate single source record value to multiple target records in FDM

Mikkis
Mikkis Member Posts: 221 Blue Ribbon
edited Sep 17, 2014 4:00AM in Financial Data Management

Hi,

Was trying to allocate single source record value to multiple target members. I was thinking of using Logic Groups?

or is there any other easy method using Scripts.

Thanks in advance!

PM

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    Accepted Answer

I would recommend generating additional records in the temporary table (strWorkTable) so they are then moved to the main table (tdatasegx)

It's just a matter of implementing an even script which runs SQL process to generate the additional records you need.

Have a look to ImportAction and its subevents. You can find details in the API guide.

Cheers

Mikkis

Answers

• Francisco Amores

Hi,

all depends on your requirements... You can use logic account as you mentioned.

Other options is to use event scripts or even import scripts to generate additional records.

Logic accounts can be better maintained but can have a lower perform if you abuse or don't design them correctly.

Regards

Mikkis
  • Mikkis
    Mikkis Member Posts: 221 Blue Ribbon
    edited Sep 16, 2014 3:15PM

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to utilize Script Import/Event. I think I will have to make use of FDM Seg tables. Any idea how I can achieve this?

• Francisco Amores
    Accepted Answer

I would recommend generating additional records in the temporary table (strWorkTable) so they are then moved to the main table (tdatasegx)

It's just a matter of implementing an even script which runs SQL process to generate the additional records you need.

Have a look to ImportAction and its subevents. You can find details in the API guide.

Cheers

Mikkis
This discussion has been closed.