• 2,251,230 Discussions
  • 7,869,837 Comments

Discussions

Reconfiguration of ERPI to create new setup

YSP
YSP Member Posts: 114
edited Nov 24, 2014 6:26PM in Financial Data Management

Dear All,

We were getting some issue on ERPI and hence after trying all solution approaches, finally, to solve the issue we reconfigured the FDM - ERPI using EPM configurator and dropped existing tables of ERPI schema. So that we can do a fresh setup of ERPI again.

But we have got one strange surprise that the settings /setup done in ERPI are still available there and those have not got affected even we have dropped the tables and reconfigured it. i.e. we are able to see the rule we have made in ERPI to execute the data export and import process and also the mappings are available there.

So we tried dropping the tables again but still the setup has not been deleted and it is still existing.

May you please let me know where does ERPI stores these settings, mappings and other configurations and why those did not get deleted after dropping tables of ERPI schema?

We are using EPM version 11.1.2.2.

Thanks

YSP

Tagged:
TomBlakeley

Answers

• YSP

Still did not get any clue on this.

Waiting for someone to help here.

• TomBlakeley
    TomBlakeley Member Posts: 389

Hi,

Those configurations are all stored relationally - you may need to drop the schema itself to try clearing this out. If you use toad or sql developer you should see content in these tables.

Can you drop and recreate the schema?

• YSP

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Will try to drop schema and try.

But if this gets succeeded then it means when we choose option to drop tables in EPM configurator does not work correctly?

Thanks

• TomBlakeley

Correct it sounds like there might be an issue with it -

Which version of ERPi are you using? Maybe its version specific?

• YSP

We are using Version 11.1.2.2.304 and I will try to drop the tables manually and see the results.

Thanks for your replies.

• TomBlakeley

Instead of dropping the tables individually you could drop the whole schema and recreate - there are other database objects (views) that you also want to clear out.

If possible, log a case with Oracle Support to at least get this logged/reported. If there is an issue with the drop/recreate objects then potentially others experience it too.

YSP
  • I've not personally heard of dropping the objects keeping data in the schema before in 11.1.2.2 (or any other release that I can remember). Your best bet really if you want to start from scratch would be to drop the schema if the objects really aren't getting dropped like Tom said. The path of least resistance is usually the best path to take in my experience.

Something is definitely going wrong if the the schema objects aren't getting dropped and the 'settings' are still there after dropping the objects in the config utility. My suspicions would initially be on the database end rather than the config utility TBH. If there were any problems though then I'd expect the config tool logs to show any issues encountered when dropping the objects and symptoms may also be seen in logs on the database end.

As far as logging an SR goes though, then support may be able to assist (but I think their first response would also be to check the config tool logs and / or database logs) but unless this issue is also seen in 11.1.2.3 development will not release code fixes for 11.1.2.2 at this point in time.

TomBlakeley
  • TomBlakeley

Thanks for the update.

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown

I haven't seen that

maybe some commitment needed after dropping objects..

This discussion has been closed.