• 2,251,495 Discussions
  • 7,870,479 Comments

Discussions

FDM logic group like mapping for multiple accounts in one row

prince
prince Member Posts: 24
edited Jan 13, 2015 1:19AM in Financial Data Management

Hi Gurus,

I have created logic accounts and the task i am stuck is where i have to assign multiple accounts in one row separated by comma. These accounts contain wildcards characters however I need to group the total generated from these account into one row. I have selected like mapping

Item             Description          Type                  Criteria Value            Operator                      Value/Exp                                                                Seq                     Export

Neg1                                       Like                ???_101,???_109               Function               If CurVal>0 Then Result =Curval Else

Result="Skip" End If                                                0                       Selected

Pos1                                       Like                 ???_101,???_109              Function               If CurVal<0 Then Result=CurVal  Else

Result="Skip" End If                                                0                       Selected

I can not see any result after setting up the above when data is imported. With the above settings my setup will be short and tidy without which it will run into '000 lines and difficult to maintain.

Can anyone let me know what am i doing wrong or is there any other way to get the desired result.

Please reply urgently, need to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Regards

Prince

Tagged:

Answers

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,187 Bronze Crown

The problem you have here is you have selected the Like mapping type and are then trying to apply a range in the Criteria value i.e. essentially you are mixing two mapping types in the criteria field (Between & Like) which will not be supported. I think the following criteria will meet your reqirement:

Item             Description          Type                  Criteria Value            Operator                      Value/Exp                                                                Seq                     Export

Neg1                                       Like                ???_10?               Function               If CurVal>0 Then Result =Curval Else

Pos1                                       Like                 ???_10?              Function               If CurVal<0 Then Result=CurVal  Else

Result="Skip" End If                                                0

This is assuming the the last character in the string is a digit between 1&9 for your specified account criteria.

Regards,

SH

• prince
    prince Member Posts: 24

Hi SH,

Thanks for the reply. I know I have mixed two concept, we need to aggregate the range and draw total value which will be evaluated for code assignment.

Any other help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Prince

This discussion has been closed.