• 2,251,495 Discussions
  • 7,870,477 Comments

Discussions

FDM 11.1.2.3.500 Performance issue

Dattatray
Dattatray Member Posts: 538 Silver Badge
edited Feb 11, 2015 4:25AM in Financial Data Management

hello all,

we have EPM FDM 11.31.2.3.500 classic in our Prod env.

but it seems that it is getting slow whenever we tried to import data in workflow tab and gets error as follow

Classic FDM 11.1.2.3 : getting error while importing data : internet explorer can not display the webpage

is there any setting i need to do on FDM server so that loading data would get faster.

we have already done IE setting on client machine but still we are facing this error

regards,

- dattatray mate

Tagged:

Answers

• TomBlakeley
    TomBlakeley Member Posts: 389
    edited Feb 5, 2015 5:59PM

Hi,

There are a couple considerations here.

What time of mappings are you using? Are they all explicit? Has the volume of data increased?

What are the specs on the server you are using? Also - take a look at the FDM DBA guide, there are notes there on things like nologging tablespace.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E40248_01/epm.1112/fdm_dba.pdf

Take a look at these two docs:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E40248_01/epm.1112/fdm_admin.pdf

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/181050

Dattatray
  • Dattatray
    edited Feb 9, 2015 6:39AM

hello

thanks for the reply.

we already done registry setting for IE

"KeepAliveTimeout"=dword:3600000

"ReceiveTimeout"=dword:3600000

"ServerInfoTimeout"=dword:3600000

also we had raised SR with oracle for this issue and in reply they sent us IE setting doc which we applied on clients machine but we are still facing error.

1. can you explain your question  "What time of mappings are you using" ??

2. they are using "explicit" and "like" mapping.

3. yes , as they are loading data into FDM , data volume must be increasing.

regards,

-Dattatray Mate

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,187 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 9, 2015 7:34AM

I imagine Tom asked the question about what type of mapping you are using as this is where you are likely to see a performance hit during the import as some types of mapping are particularly resource intensive and have a high performance cost. Think of Explict mappings being the most performant and any maps with conditional mapping scripts as being the least performant and a sliding scale in between.

There is an out of the box report (System Reports --> Import Process Analysis) which breaks down where the time is being spent during the import process which will prove useful in determining which import steps are running slowly or where performance improvements could be made.

Also check if you have an antivirus firewall enabled on the workstation as this could be causing the issue. 

Dattatray
  • Dattatray
    edited Feb 9, 2015 8:47AM

hello , thanks for the reply.

as i told earlier that we have explicit and like mapping in fdm

Antivirus and firewall is already disabled on all server including FDM server.

FDM server is on

windows 2008 64 bit

RAM = 10 GB

i tried to generate system report for import process analysis but all i get is blank page.

pastedImage_0.png

regards

dattatray mate

• SH_INT
    edited Feb 9, 2015 8:50AM

Have the reports been imported via workbench? Also is there any firewall enabled on the client workstation?

• TomBlakeley
    TomBlakeley Member Posts: 389
    edited Feb 9, 2015 9:07AM

Another question - is the web browser session timing out after 1 hour exactly?

• Dattatray
    edited Feb 9, 2015 9:08AM

yes, reports have been imported bia workbench.

we tried importing data on client machine as well as directly on FDM server.

but we get same issue on FDM server also.

client click on import and face this issue but when client log off and log in again they can see the gold fish for the import task in workflow.

Classic FDM 11.1.2.3 : getting error while importing data : internet explorer can not display the webpage

• Dattatray
    edited Feb 9, 2015 9:09AM

no,

actually i set those values

but the client getting this issue after few minutes like withing 30 min.

• SH_INT
    edited Feb 9, 2015 12:13PM

Have you checked the timeouts in the FDM web config file? Could be the ASP.Net process timing out.

Dattatray
  • Dattatray
    edited Feb 9, 2015 1:49PM

yes,
    i had set it to 120 as per FDM config guide  and following oracle support doc.

now this ASP.net setting , do i need to set it up on FDM server or foundation server  and how?

(we have dedicated server for Foundation server, HFM server , FDM server , Essbase server.)

regards,

Dattatray Mate

This discussion has been closed.