• 2,251,495 Discussions
  • 7,870,480 Comments

Discussions

FDMEE SCRIPTING- Replacing FDM VB Functions with methods in FDMEE API

samacnt
samacnt Member Posts: 206
edited Feb 10, 2015 8:38PM in Financial Data Management

Hello all,

I am trying to convert FDM Scripts into scripts that would support FDMEE (Using Jython as a language and FDMEE APIs). However when I tried doing so I came across few functions in FDM scripts for which I could not find replacement functions in FDMEE API.

How is one supposed to modify VB functions in FDM such as farsTableAppend so that it is supported in FDMEE scripts?

I generated an API documentation from FDMEE AIF-APIs.jar (this Jar is supposed to have all the FDMEE APIs in it I guess) but I dont see replacement for VB functions such as farsTableAppend, fExpTRx, PstrClientType, though I can see other methods in the documentation for eg. getEPMOracleHome() etc.. (All these functions that we can view using eclipse as an editor for FDMEE Dev).

Is there any other method/function in the FDMEE API that I should be using to replace these functions for FDMEE Support?

I have one more question regarding AIF-CUSTOM.jar file, what is the purpose of this jar, do we get any  additional methods in this file

Please advise..

Thanks in Advance

sam

Tagged:
SH_INTsamacnt

Best Answer

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 10, 2015 8:38PM Accepted Answer

Hi,

1. API map is not 1 to 1. My suggestion is define what you want to do and then design your solution in jython (using api or not). so what are you trying to do exactly?

For example, you don't need PstrClientType anymore (there is no windows client)

2. AIF-CUSTOM.jar can be used to include your custom java classes. then you can use this from your jython scripts.

Regarrds

SH_INTsamacnt

Answers

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 10, 2015 8:38PM Accepted Answer

Hi,

1. API map is not 1 to 1. My suggestion is define what you want to do and then design your solution in jython (using api or not). so what are you trying to do exactly?

For example, you don't need PstrClientType anymore (there is no windows client)

2. AIF-CUSTOM.jar can be used to include your custom java classes. then you can use this from your jython scripts.

Regarrds

SH_INTsamacnt
This discussion has been closed.