• 3,853,849 Users
  • 2,264,287 Discussions
  • 7,905,480 Comments

Discussions

Can't add storage using Ops Center - getting java.lang.StackOverflowError

briwood84
briwood84 Member Posts: 24
edited Mar 24, 2015 11:03AM in Enterprise Manager Ops Center

I'm running Ops Center 12c on an M5000 running Solaris 10_u8.  I recently applied the latest 10_recommneded bundle, taking the server from 150400-03 to 150400-20.  It appears after the patching I can no longer add storage to a guest LDOM via Ops Center. I was successful adding the new devices to the library, but when I try to add the newly defined storage to the guest LDOM, I get a java.lang.StackOverflowError message and the storage does not get added.  Please let me know if I can provide additional information.  Thank you.

Brian

Best Answer

• briwood84
    edited Mar 24, 2015 11:03AM Answer ✓

Conclusion:  As a part of applying OS patches, I create and Alternate Boot Environment (ABE) and I patch that.  I activate the newly patched ABE and reboot (init 6).  That allows me to come up on the newly patched OS.  Since something in the bundle is causing me pain, I reverted back to the previous Boot Environment (150400-03) and am able to assign storage to guest LDOMs through Ops Center.  I will have to ride this train again so that I can maintain my patch levels.  Thanks for reading.

Answers

• briwood84
    edited Mar 23, 2015 3:25PM

Update:  Currently in the process of updating the Enterprise Controller from 12.1.4  to  12.2.2.

• briwood84
    edited Mar 24, 2015 8:57AM

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I downloaded 12.2.2 from within EM, under Administration - Ops Center Downloads, then tried to apply by choosing the new download from under the "Upgrade Enterprise Controller" link.  The upgrade process kicked me out of the browser as I suspected and I waited until it allowed me to log back in, but the current version still reflects 2.1.4.  I even rebooted the server afterwards, with no luck.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks for your time.

• briwood84
    edited Mar 24, 2015 11:03AM Answer ✓

Conclusion:  As a part of applying OS patches, I create and Alternate Boot Environment (ABE) and I patch that.  I activate the newly patched ABE and reboot (init 6).  That allows me to come up on the newly patched OS.  Since something in the bundle is causing me pain, I reverted back to the previous Boot Environment (150400-03) and am able to assign storage to guest LDOMs through Ops Center.  I will have to ride this train again so that I can maintain my patch levels.  Thanks for reading.

This discussion has been closed.