• 2,247,139 Discussions
  • 7,857,780 Comments

Discussions

Filter data based on smart list

N0108
N0108 Member Posts: 21
edited Apr 1, 2015 3:55PM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

i want to filter out the data based on smartlist.

For Example: in 1 form i have a smart list yes and no and if i select smart list on that form then in 2nd webform i just want to see only "Yes" Selected smart list data and 3rd form i want to see only "No" selected smartlist data.

Can we accomplished with the help of Validation Rules? Is there any best approach to accomplished ?

It will be really appreciate.

Thanks

Navid

Tagged:
N0108

Answers

• Celvin Kattookaran
    Celvin Kattookaran Member Posts: 3,143 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 30, 2015 6:03PM

No that is not possible, you can do suppress missing blocks, however nothing as a conditional suppress. You can create a form with the smartlist account and use suppress missing then the form will show all "Yes" and "No"s only.

However showing just yes and no cannot be done in a data driven. You can trying thinking about using it as an attribute and create forms which only pulls "Yes" on one and "No" on another

Regards

Celvin Kattookaran

N0108N0108
  • Mishra Chandan
    Mishra Chandan Member Posts: 249
    edited Mar 31, 2015 7:40AM

Hi Na-veed

It is not possible to do this activity with Smartlist. Yes you can use the attribute dimension to perform the same activity. There is difference between Hyperion and Excel features.

The work around you can use are: -

1. Prepare the report using smartview and then use the filter function of Excel

2. Arrange the Data in Ascending/Descending etc

Regards,

Chandan Mishra

N0108N0108
  • N0108
    N0108 Member Posts: 21
    edited Apr 1, 2015 3:55PM

Hello @JohnGoodwin,

I need little help about conditional supression,

in 1 form i have a smart list yes and no and if i select smart list on that form then in 2nd webform i just want to see only "Yes" Selected smart list data and 3rd form i want to see only "No" selected smartlist data But in my case user will change Yes and No according to requirements. When the change yes to no it will shows under No form same with other.

Is there any best approach?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.