• 2,251,495 Discussions
  • 7,870,480 Comments

Discussions

FDM Integration Issue with HFM - 11.1.2.3

SaurabhPatel
SaurabhPatel Member Posts: 360
edited Apr 23, 2015 9:35AM in EPM System Infrastructure

Hello Gurus,

I have updated the FDM Application from 9.3.3 to 11.1.2.3. This is what I have done so far,

1. Copied over the database used for creating FDM application in 933 and the system folder created during the application creation process.

2. Using "Add Application" in FDM 11.1.2.3, provided the details for the database and the system folder that were copied in Step 1

3. Using the "Schema Update", updated the FDM application to the latest release.

4. Logged into FDM application and imported the latest FDM adapter and performed the configuration settings.

5. User "admin" has full access to HFM and FDM application on the migrated environment.

Now, when I am trying to navigate to the Control Tables in FDM Web, I get the following error

FDM_Control Table_Issue.png

The dimensions specified in FDM application is same as that in the HFM application. I have gone through various support documents however the issue still persists.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Tagged:

Best Answer

• SaurabhPatel
    edited Apr 23, 2015 9:35AM Accepted Answer

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in the reply. There was an issue with the dimensions only..a few extra dimensions were kept in "ACTIVE" state, which I thought would not cause any issues, which was perhaps causing the integration to fail.

I had to disable the ones which were not required to resolve the issue.

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Apr 20, 2015 3:18AM

If you log into Oracle support and search on "FDM fconnect" you will see quite a few documents relating to this issue, go through the docs to see if any resolve your issue.

This one looks to match your issue - "FDM: FConnect Error Connecting To HFM "-2147217085" (Doc ID 1638856.1)"

Cheers

John

SaurabhPatel
  • SaurabhPatel
    edited Apr 20, 2015 3:19AM

Hi John,

I have gone through all those documents, however the issue still persists.

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Apr 20, 2015 3:47AM

What are the HFM logs showing when you trying FDM tries to connect the HFM application.

Cheers

John

• SaurabhPatel
    edited Apr 23, 2015 9:35AM Accepted Answer

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in the reply. There was an issue with the dimensions only..a few extra dimensions were kept in "ACTIVE" state, which I thought would not cause any issues, which was perhaps causing the integration to fail.

I had to disable the ones which were not required to resolve the issue.

This discussion has been closed.