• 3,826,921 Users
  • 2,260,725 Discussions
  • 7,897,122 Comments

Discussions

How to add a prefix to Component Tool SQL query

Kristine Kirchhoff-Oracle
Kristine Kirchhoff-Oracle Member Posts: 3
edited Apr 27, 2015 11:41AM in WebCenter Content

When executing the Component Tool install under Middleware11g/user_projects/domains/ucm_domain/ucm/cs/bin using the following command:

./ComponentTool --install /scratch/u01/app/stage/VueLink/VL_For_UCM_201/VLForUCM/dms_customization/AutoVue.zip

I receive the following error:

Unable to create the result set for query 'SELECT dValue FROM Config WHERE dSection='DevUpdate' AND dName='DatabaseUpgrade''. ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

The table Config does not exist in my database. The table is named "WCC_OCS.Config". Is there a way to customize this SQL statement to fit my database configuration?

Best Answer

• Kristine Kirchhoff-Oracle
    edited Apr 27, 2015 11:36AM Answer ✓

I was able to login as WCC_OCS under the database tab in SystemProperties after I granted sysdba account privileges however I am still getting this error:

Unable to create the result set for query 'SELECT dValue FROM Config WHERE dSection='DevUpdate' AND dName='DatabaseUpgrade''. ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

The query needs to read WCC_OCS.Config. Even when I log into SQLDeveloper as WCC_OCS I need to make this schema distinction in my query or else it tries to return the sys tables.

If I execute this statement to add a synonym to the DB for that table I no longer receive the DB schema prefix error.:

CREATE SYNONYM CONFIG FOR WCC_OCS.CONFIG;

However after fixing the schema issue I receive an error when executing the install:

Workspace 'user' does not exist.

Due to a bug WCC needs to be updated to 12.2.1.0.0

Answers

• Amol Gavali
    Amol Gavali Member Posts: 124
    edited Apr 24, 2015 5:15PM

from /middleware/user_projects/domains/ucm_domain/ucm/cs/bin launch  ./SystemProperties and check from Database tab if jdbc user name is schema owner i.e. WCC_OCS whatever you selected during RCU run.Also check CSDS connection using weblogic console Data Sources --> CSDS it should be using WCC_OCS schema owner user for connection.

Regards,

Amol Gavali.

• myinception
    myinception Member Posts: 190
    edited Apr 25, 2015 8:31AM

WCC_OCS is the schema name, and Config is the name of the table under that schema.

So login into database, enter username as WCC_OCS. Then Check the Config table whether its present or not.

If its not present, then when you enabled the component and started the UCM server for the first time, then the table was not created because of which the query is giving an error.

edited Apr 27, 2015 11:36AM Answer ✓

I was able to login as WCC_OCS under the database tab in SystemProperties after I granted sysdba account privileges however I am still getting this error:

The query needs to read WCC_OCS.Config. Even when I log into SQLDeveloper as WCC_OCS I need to make this schema distinction in my query or else it tries to return the sys tables.

If I execute this statement to add a synonym to the DB for that table I no longer receive the DB schema prefix error.:

CREATE SYNONYM CONFIG FOR WCC_OCS.CONFIG;

However after fixing the schema issue I receive an error when executing the install:

Workspace 'user' does not exist.

Due to a bug WCC needs to be updated to 12.2.1.0.0

• William Phelps
    William Phelps Member Posts: 1,428 Silver Trophy
    edited Apr 27, 2015 11:20AM

Odd scenario... shouldn't need to qualify the user schema.

How was the database schema created?  Did you use RCU?  Also, was the Content Server installation a totally clean install, or an upgrade from 10g?

The OCS user shouldn't need sysdba, and it's intentional OOTB that it doesn't have sysdba if using RCU. 

edited Apr 27, 2015 11:41AM

The DB schema was created via the RCU. It was a totally clean install. I did a quick fix with creating a synonym and using sys as sysdba instead. The schema refused to log in unless it was sysdba. However now my problem resides in a bug due to the WCC version. Thanks for your response!

This discussion has been closed.