• 2,251,236 Discussions
  • 7,869,845 Comments

Discussions

FDM Validation report "Error" message, even after validating correctly

prince
prince Member Posts: 24
edited May 14, 2015 5:59AM in Financial Data Management

Hi Gurus,

I have created validation report in FDM with Assets - Liabilities and the validation, report is correctly calculating difference if any. Generally there are to short messages on report. "Pass" and  "OK" or "Error" on the line of validation

If the result of the calculation is any value it gives "Pass" message and empty on the row of calculation result, however when the validation result is "0", then it gives "Pass" message and "Error" on the row of calculation result.

We don't want to see this "Error" message. The validation has given the result, the users don't seek any message from the system.

Please can any body guide us how to remove this error message.

I have attached the screen shot for better understanding.

Thanks,

Prince

Tagged:
SH_INT

Best Answer

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    edited May 12, 2015 5:18AM Accepted Answer

Can you put in your formula

(|,,,,,,TOTASSET,[ICP None],TOTALC1,TOTALC2,TOTALC3,TOTALC4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|)-(|,,,,,,TOTLIABILITY,[ICP None],TOTALC1,TOTALC2,TOTALC4,TOTALC4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|) = 0

You want to PASS if it's zero right?

Answers

• Francisco Amores
    edited May 11, 2015 7:55AM

Hi,

are you including zero value  in your validation rule.

For example >= 0 or =>0?

Cheers

• prince
    edited May 11, 2015 1:20PM

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for your reply.

No, In this validation formula there is no zero value. Plain Assets account (Custom dimensions) - liability account (Custom dimensions).

• prince
    edited May 11, 2015 11:54PM

Hi Gurus, The formula I am using in validation account is as below.

(|,,,,,,TOTASSET,[ICP None],TOTALC1,TOTALC2,TOTALC3,TOTALC4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|)-(|,,,,,,TOTLIABILITY,[ICP None],TOTALC1,TOTALC2,TOTALC4,TOTALC4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|)

Please suggest to help me remove "Error" message from the report

• Francisco Amores
    edited May 12, 2015 5:18AM Accepted Answer

Can you put in your formula

(|,,,,,,TOTASSET,[ICP None],TOTALC1,TOTALC2,TOTALC3,TOTALC4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|)-(|,,,,,,TOTLIABILITY,[ICP None],TOTALC1,TOTALC2,TOTALC4,TOTALC4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|) = 0

You want to PASS if it's zero right?

• prince
    edited May 14, 2015 5:37AM

Hi Francisco,

But this does not give right result, though it show as "Pass" and "OK" but the result is not correct.

For us, even if there is a difference in the result value or no i.e. validation shows any difference or show "0", we don't want to see "Error" message. We can live with "Pass" in both cases.

Validate Error1.png

• Francisco Amores
    edited May 14, 2015 5:59AM

Ok,

so then you could put the difference in the Display (so what you see)

(|,,,,,,TOTASSET,[ICP None],TOTALC1,TOTALC2,TOTALC3,TOTALC4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|)-(|,,,,,,TOTLIABILITY,[ICP None],TOTALC1,TOTALC2,TOTALC4,TOTALC4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|)

and in the rule definition just put 1=1 for example. That should make the trick and make it always PASS

SH_INTprince
This discussion has been closed.