• 3,758,433 Users
  • 2,251,387 Discussions
  • 7,870,189 Comments

Discussions

Complex Logic Criteria

786797 Member Posts: 83
edited May 28, 2015 7:26AM in Financial Data Management

Hi,

i am trying to create a netting logic account in FDM. The problem is that i have case of multiple records per source accounts.

so i am trying to use the complex logic to sort this but what seems to work in the simple logic doesnt seem ok in the complex one

in the simple logic i can import multiple record to 1 account by using the semicolon like 20501004; which works when you have 1 account

now i need to group 4 accounts with the above issue so i tried 11001004;,11001001;,20501001;,20501004; but that doesnt work. i tried with quotes, ...but no luck.

any suggestions?

Tagged:

Answers

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,187 Bronze Crown
    edited May 28, 2015 5:08AM

Not sure why you need the semi-colon and not sure why you can't do this in a simple logic account if you are only using the account field for the criteria. Perhaps you could explain your requirement more clearly as if all you are doing is a simple sum of a group of accounts you might not even require a logic account i.e. what makes a logic account necessary as opposed to standard aggregation via mapping?

edited May 28, 2015 5:21AM

SH,

as you may know, the semicolon is used when you have multiple times the same account coming from the source. in other words 3 numbers coming with the same dimension members..as explained in the admin guide.

in my case i have this problem plus the fact that i need to sum up 4 accounts as in my above example.

in the simple logic, having 1 account with semicolon works but 4 accounts with semicolon doesnt work. only the first account is taken into consideration. having multiple line is not good either as i need to sum up.

in the complex i can have multiple lines but here the semicolon doesnt work at all.

if you have a better idea, let me know

• SH_INT
    edited May 28, 2015 6:06AM

Yes, when the account lines have different centers/entities but you usually put a text string after the colon to provide a center/entiity identifier for the consolidated account lines. You can't leave it blank or you will have no value to take forward to the mapping. Anyway, that aside, I know you are trying to sum a series of accounts which span multiple centers, but my question is why and what are you going to do with this logic account as this will help indicate whether there are alternate solutions to your requirement?  

edited May 28, 2015 6:22AM

once i have them summed up i will look up for the sign of the sum and map them accordingly. it is for a Due to / du from netting and conditional map thereof.

just to make sure i understand what is a center. those accounts have multiple intercompanies which i keep separated. but the issue is multiple records for the same combination of dimensions.

• SH_INT
    edited May 28, 2015 7:26AM

A center is FDMs terminology for entity or the equivalent in your source system. If the center is the same for all the account records you are capturing you don't need to bother with the semi-colon notation because FDM will not, in that instance, attempt to create separate logic account lines per center and you can simply specify a simple logic account using the In criteria listing the accounts you want to capture without the semi-colon notation. However, if your centers are different and that is causing the split then set up a complex logic account with one line specifying an In criteria listing the accounts you want to capture and then one line for Entity using the Like criteria Type and the * Criteria Value and then enter a value to identify the consolidated Entities in the Group By and set the Group Level to 0. If all your other dimensions values are the same then nothing else needs to be done, but if you need further consolidation on any other dimension just add a rule and use the Group By to consolidate on a specified value

This discussion has been closed.