• 3,815,688 Users
  • 2,259,067 Discussions
  • 7,893,207 Comments

Discussions

Deploying webcenter portlet producer application

Cyrus Gojo
Cyrus Gojo Member Posts: 59
edited Jul 31, 2015 2:33AM in WebCenter Portal

I have created a webcenter portlet producer application. Can I deploy this project to a non-webcenter portal weblogic server instance?

Best Answer

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Jul 30, 2015 5:38AM Answer ✓

Hi.

WebCenter Portal only works with WSRP Portlets enabled as it consumes portlets remotely.

Yes, you can deploy your producers in separate domain, but in a Managed Server prepared to be a Portlet Producer (WC_Portlet) created using the WebCenter Portal Installer. You will have to consider to configure Cross-Domain Security and other stuff to allow this architecture working.

Summarize:

- Domain A with WC_Spaces managed server with WebCenter Portal

- Domain B with WC_Portlet managed server (created using the Portlet WebLogic Template of the WebCenter Portal HOME)

It responds your question? I think that the thread became confusing.

Kind regards.

Answers

• Cyrus Gojo
    edited Jul 30, 2015 3:47AM

I just found a link to download Oracle ADF Runtime (ADR) 11g 11.1.1.9. I will try to extend my weblogic server with this and deploy my portlet project.

• vinaykumar2
    vinaykumar2 Member Posts: 2,578
    edited Jul 30, 2015 3:54AM

Yes You can. But why you wanted. Where you wanted to deploy. If you develop portlet with JSR 286 then you can deploy any where which support portlet 286 specification.

• vinaykumar2
    edited Jul 30, 2015 4:02AM

Are you facing any problem?

• Daniel Merchán
    edited Jul 30, 2015 4:11AM

Hello.

To clarify. Portlet is a Java Standard.

• 1.0 specification is the JSR-168
    • 2.0 specification is the JSR-286

In addition, there are some standards over the portlets like WSRP (Web Service Remote Portlet) which allows to consume remotelly the Portlets into your portlet container.

Portlets runs over Portlet Containers (such Portal solutions) and Portlets based on WSRP are executed remotely and embeded into the Portlet Container (Portal).

Oracle WebCenter Portal runs WSRP 2.0 Portlets that are deployed externally in the WC_Portlet Managed Server which contains the libraries necessary to run Portlets.

If you want to share or consume your Portlets built in WebCenter you have the following apporaches:

• As it is built using WSRP you can use WebCenter as Producer and the other Portlet Container (e.g. Liferay) as the Consumer.
    • If you build non-WSRP portlets you can use Generic Portlet or use frameworks independent of the vendor (such Spring Portlet). These Portlets can be deployed in all Portlet Containers and can be enable for WSRP if it is necessary.

I hope this information is helpful for you

Kind regards.

• Cyrus Gojo
    edited Jul 30, 2015 4:43AM

@Daniel Merchán, thanks. I created a webcenter portlet producer application from jdeveloper 11g (11.1.1.9). I intend to deploy this application to a non-webcenter weblogic domain since it's a portlet project. since it's named as "webcenter portlet" producer application, I'm assuming i can only deploy it into a webcenter portal enabled weblogic domain.

this approach is actually linked to my previous post. now, i wanted to expose my jsf, jspx, jsp as portlets and deploy it to another non-webcenter weblogic domain.

• Cyrus Gojo
    edited Jul 30, 2015 4:44AM

@vinaykumar2 thanks. I understand. But my question is particularly on the webcenter portlet producer application I created whether I can deploy it to a non-webcenter weblogic domain.

• Daniel Merchán
    edited Jul 30, 2015 5:04AM

Hello.

If you are not using ADF Portlet Bridge or any dependant Oracle technology when creating your JSR-286 Portlets you can deploy them as .WAR in other Portlet Containers without problems.

this approach is actually linked to my previous post. now, i wanted to expose my jsf, jspx, jsp as portlets and deploy it to another non-webcenter weblogic domain.

Can you clarify your requirement? And why do you need Portlets? Where are you going to deploy your Portlets? If you are not intended to use Portlet Producer of Oracle... Why do not use Eclipse or other generic technology to create your Portlets? Remember that you need to deploy them into a Portlet Container

Thanks.
    Regards.

• Cyrus Gojo
    edited Jul 30, 2015 5:23AM

@Daniel Merchán, my architecture is: I will have an application package (deployed in server A) which will contain my jsp, jspx, jsf, business components and expose it as a portlet, these portlets will then be consumed by my webcenter portal pages (deployed in server B).

Does it mean that I can't use JDeveloper to create a webcenter portal producer application, package the ear and deploy it to a separate non-webcenter enabled weblogic domain?

• Daniel Merchán
    edited Jul 30, 2015 5:38AM Answer ✓

Hi.

WebCenter Portal only works with WSRP Portlets enabled as it consumes portlets remotely.

Yes, you can deploy your producers in separate domain, but in a Managed Server prepared to be a Portlet Producer (WC_Portlet) created using the WebCenter Portal Installer. You will have to consider to configure Cross-Domain Security and other stuff to allow this architecture working.

Summarize:

- Domain A with WC_Spaces managed server with WebCenter Portal

- Domain B with WC_Portlet managed server (created using the Portlet WebLogic Template of the WebCenter Portal HOME)

It responds your question? I think that the thread became confusing.

Kind regards.

• vinaykumar2
    edited Jul 30, 2015 5:42AM

Well Still I am not getting what problem you facing. Yes thread become confusing.

See you can deploy all your adf stuff like jspx , adfbc and so on in developer. Make an Portlet and deploy in WC_Portlet server.

In portal register it portlet producer using wsdl url. And consume in webcenter portal. This will work if u want to use portlets in webcenter.

If you want to use these portlet in third party then deploy in some non webcenter portlet container and use it.

Cyrus Gojo
This discussion has been closed.