Forum Stats

• 3,814,136 Users
  • 2,258,824 Discussions
  • 7,892,584 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Webcenter Portal doesn't help while Two Task Flows Portlet Are Communicating Via Contextual E

user12285468
user12285468 Member Posts: 4
edited Sep 28, 2015 2:42PM in WebCenter Portal

Hi everyone,

I would wonder if anyone can help of this issue below.

Mainly, i'm working on Oracle Webcenter Portal 11.1.1.8 and i have developed two bounded Task flows; samples one for Customers and second one is for Orders. I have examined both of them using an unbounded task and they're working effectively as following:

- Entry view of unbounded Task has been shown and the user is able to select row from CustomersTable (Customers Bounded Task Flow)

- Selection of row of customers would propagate an selection event with a payload.

- Orders Task flow is registered to handle the event propagated.

- The query of Orders Task flow will have been updated then.

But when i took the application into Oracle webcenter Portal i had the following result:

- If i deployed the entry (Unbounded Task Flow) as a Portlet and used it, Customers and Orders would be working effectively.

- If i deployed both of Customers and Orders as separate Portlets, an exception has been happened when Orders Portlet try to handle the event.

The exception is thrown from CorePortletComponentBhaviour and it says:

<CorePortletComponentBehaviour> <handlePartialAdfmEvent> Exception occurred when de-serializing Contextual Event payload.

I had investigated the application several time in order to know exactly which is the main issue that is caused this exception but unfortunately that wouldn't lead me for any good result.

Let me know if you can help.

Answers

• amey g
    amey g Member Posts: 2,631 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 18, 2015 11:06PM

Hello,

Are you working of webcenter portal application(portal builder) or Framework application.

Please check below useful links. I am also working on similar use case.

http://biemond.blogspot.in/2010/04/adf-task-flow-interaction-with.html

http://www.ateam-oracle.com/inter-portlet-communication-part-1-task-flow-to-a-portlet/

http://www.ateam-oracle.com/inter-portlet-communication-part-1-task-flow-to-a-portlet/

Thanks,

Amey

• user12285468
    edited Sep 19, 2015 7:36AM

It's Oralce Webcenter Portal Framework Application. Want to say Amey that the same application is working properly while through default Task flow. But when they are being Portlets and published on the Oracle Webcenter Portal Framework Application Page, they're not working anymore and the exception is being thrown then is listed above.

However, i have passed over those urls you mentioned above, but they're talking about using of Task Flows Inter-communication feature while they're deployed as Regions which is totally different from what i'm doing here. I didn't find anything talk about Portlet.xml file and its artifacts.

• vinaykumar2
    vinaykumar2 Member Posts: 2,578
    edited Sep 19, 2015 5:51AM

Can you share the full log. Is it warning or error.

• user12285468
    edited Sep 19, 2015 7:02AM

Hi Vinay,

Yes, it's just a warning and it causes the event handling mechanism to be failed. Anyway, you may find below my full log which is seemed normal.

Events fired :: 
    <SkinFactoryImpl> <getSkin> Can't find a skin that matches family skyros and renderkit portlet, so we will use the simple skin
    <CoreRenderingContext> <isRequestMapStyleSheetIdAndSkinEqual> The skin portal.desktop specified on the requestMap will be used even though the consumer's skin's styleSheetDocumentId on the requestMap does not match the local skin's styleSheetDocument's id.  This will impact performance since the consumer and prodcuer stylesheets cannot be shared. The producer styleclasses will not be compressed to avoid conflicts. A reason the ids do not match may be the jars are not identical on the producer and the consumer. For example, one might have trinidad-skins.xml's skin-additions in a jar file on the class path that the other does not have.
    <CorePortletComponentBehaviour> <handlePartialAdfmEvent> Exception occurred when de-serializing Contextual Event payload.
    <SkinFactoryImpl> <getSkin> Cannot find a skin that matches family portal and version v1. We will use the skin portal.desktop.
    <SkinFactoryImpl> <getSkin> Can't find a skin that matches family skyros and renderkit portlet, so we will use the simple skin
    <CoreRenderingContext> <isRequestMapStyleSheetIdAndSkinEqual> The skin portal.desktop specified on the requestMap will be used even though the consumer's skin's styleSheetDocumentId on the requestMap does not match the local skin's styleSheetDocument's id.  This will impact performance since the consumer and prodcuer stylesheets cannot be shared. The producer styleclasses will not be compressed to avoid conflicts. A reason the ids do not match may be the jars are not identical on the producer and the consumer. For example, one might have trinidad-skins.xml's skin-additions in a jar file on the class path that the other does not have.

You may also as well for the behavior of both of them right below. While choosing of one row of customer would throw event, Orders doesn't respond.

Two Portlets Task Flows.PNG

Putting the same those Two Task flows as a Regions inside unbounded Task flow would lead to correct behavior look below

One Task Flow Portlet With Two Regions.PNG

• amey g
    amey g Member Posts: 2,631 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 19, 2015 10:33PM

Hello,

The below forum shares the same issues..

Need help with contextual events - WebCenter Portal Framework Application

Also check

http://www.ateam-oracle.com/inter-portlet-communication-between-pages/

• note 1306138.1 How to Set-Up Inter-Portlet Communication with WebCenter 11.1.1.4 and also note 1320696.1 - How to Use Automatic Parameter Wiring in Oracle WebCenter R11 PS3 These articles are slightly dated however seem to discuss what you are trying to do.
      I am also checking for bug.

Thanks,

Amey

• user12285468
    edited Sep 28, 2015 2:42PM

Hi Amey,

Actually i didn't have used the inter communication Portlet in different Portal pages. Actually, they're laying on the same Portal Page, so i doubt mentioned URLs above would lead me for a solution.

I traced the issue in the ADF implementation and i surprisingly found that the ADF implementation is caused the issue while de-serializing the payload. The big issue here is being the exception is listed as warning.

This discussion has been closed.