• 7,869,840 Comments

Discussions

FDMEE x FDQM for ARM (11.1.2.3.500)

RMarques
RMarques Member Posts: 200
edited Oct 21, 2015 7:07PM in Financial Data Management

Hi guys,

Assuming version 11.1.2.3.500:

1- Can someone tell me the main difference between FDQM + EPRi and FDMEE for ARM?

2- Can I have FDQM and FDMEE installed under the same environment? I know that FDQM uses a separate URL and FDMEE get integrated into the Workspace, assuming this I guess it's possible.

For question 2, client is not considering moving into FDMEE right now because of VB scripts previously developed, hence not compatible with Jhyton.

Thanks

Cheers,
Rafael

Tagged:

Answers

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Oct 13, 2015 9:46PM

For your first question not sure how you can compare the two.ARM is a separate module than FDMEE. ARM can be sourced by FDM or FDMEE.

FDM+ ERPI  is now just FDMEE going forward.

I am sure you can have two( FDMEE and FDM) but why would you consider than?

Also I am certain that you notified your client that FDMEE is the future FDM is no longer going to be released. As I am sure many on this board will make the comment that it might be the ideal time for the client to consider whether all that VB script developed is still meaningful or is it just  a  black box of customization  . I have never heard of scripts not being able to be rewritten in Jython what is so unique about their scripts?

It is the ideal time when going from FDM to FDMEE is time for folks to evaluate their setup as it might be determined during that evaluation that alot of stuff that was there could be done more efficiently.

Hopefully my response was helpful and if so mark it as such.

RMarques
  • RMarques
    edited Oct 13, 2015 10:44PM

Hi,

Haven't touched their scripts. But so far, they are using OMCS and not considering moving into 11.1.2.4 till next year, where FDM will be dead.

Also know that FDM + ERPI is now just FDMEE going forward.

I am looking for options to this client. As they have within OMCS HP, HFM and FDQM, and now they want ARM. So my 1st option was to out ERPi, which needs to install ODI beforehand or 2nd option, FDMEE (which has embedded ODI). In the 2nd option I'm having FDM and FDMEE together. Wondering if it'll cause issues.

Thanks

• Balakumar7
    Balakumar7 Member Posts: 77
    edited Oct 14, 2015 12:10PM

I don't see any issues with FDM & FDMEE together. However as someone has pointed out earlier, FDMEE is nothing but FDM + ERPI.

Thanks,

Bala

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    edited Oct 14, 2015 1:22PM

Hi,

Assuming version 11.1.2.3.500:

1- Can someone tell me the main difference between FDQM + EPRi and FDMEE for ARM?

[FA] If they are in 11.1.2.3.500, ERPI is not available anymore as it was rebranded to FDMEE since 11.1.2.3

2- Can I have FDQM and FDMEE installed under the same environment? I know that FDQM uses a separate URL and FDMEE get integrated into the Workspace, assuming this I guess it's possible.

[FA] In 11.1.2.3.x you can have both FDMEE and FDM classic in same environment and you can use then in conjunction.

In that way you can use FDM Classic as the front end and FDMEE will be used to extract data from ERP systems.

In other words, all the imports are executed from FDM classic.

For question 2, client is not considering moving into FDMEE right now because of VB scripts previously developed, hence not compatible with Jhyton.

[FA] that should not be a stopper. It's time to evaluate the scripts and then decide.

To summarize, if you want to have ARM as a target, then you will need to use FDMEE (remember ERPI does not exist in 11.1.2.3)

You can't use FDM+FDMEE as when you use combined solution is to use FDMEE as a data source extractor but not to load into ARM.

HTH

• RMarques
    edited Oct 21, 2015 7:06PM

Thanks Francisco.

Yes, they are considering moving into 11.1.2.4 and update their scripts. They are just waiting for Oracle to fix some issues as this is OMCS.

• RMarques
    edited Oct 21, 2015 7:07PM

Hi Bala,

Yes, they just "renamed"

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.