• 7,870,479 Comments

Discussions

FDM Invalid Intersection error?

Sattu28
Sattu28 Member Posts: 100 Blue Ribbon
edited Jan 3, 2016 12:13AM in Financial Data Management

Hi All,

I have below issue:

Data load failing for a cross section with FDM error " Invalid Intersection".

POV for the Intersection:

Year:2015, Period: Nov,View: Periodic

FM Enitity:2143, FM Account: 23450000 ICP: [ICP NONE], Custom1:[NONE],Custom2:[NONE],Custom3:[NONE],Custom4:FT, Data Value:<Entity Curreny>, Amount:376.56

the Validation report also gives list of valid ICP/Custom members in seperate table.

Both the Given Account and Entity members has ISICP attribute set as "Y" so i think the ICP NONE member for ICP dimension in invalid member for this cross section.

So i checked the Import format and ICP mapping rule for givrn Entity and account.

I found below ICP mapping rule in "Like" map Type:

Rule Name                    Rule Desc.              Rule Definition               Target ICP               Script

O_Set                                                            *0000                            [ICP None]

So what i conclude that due to this rule, the target ICP member is coming as [ICP None] for the specific account:23450000 from rule itself.

So Please help me in confirming if i am thinking in right direction and what possible steps i can take to fix this or something i am missing so please correct me.

Please help.

Thanks,

Sattu

Tagged:

Best Answer

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,187 Bronze Crown
    edited Dec 1, 2015 4:37AM Accepted Answer

Yes you could do that, but only do that if that Account (23450000) does not need an inter-company partner i.e. check with the HFM architect / admin to confirm that is the case before making such a change

Answers

• SH_INT
    edited Nov 30, 2015 7:15AM

Yes your mapping rule is catching account 23450000 and mapping it to [ICP NONE]. You need to change this as the account nneds to be mapped to a valid ICP member

• Sattu28
    edited Nov 30, 2015 12:36PM

Thanks for the help SH!

Can i also think of Changing The Account(23450000)'s ISICP attribute to "N" in HFM metadata?

• Sattu28
    edited Nov 30, 2015 12:38PM

I mean Leaving the FDM mapping as it is and rather change the account ISICP attribute to "N" Which may make the Overall POV combination a valid Intersection?@SH

• SH_INT
    edited Dec 1, 2015 4:37AM Accepted Answer

Yes you could do that, but only do that if that Account (23450000) does not need an inter-company partner i.e. check with the HFM architect / admin to confirm that is the case before making such a change

• Sattu28
    edited Jan 3, 2016 12:13AM

@SH

Ironically i have encountered another confusion.

What i was assuming that any acount which have ISICP attribute as "Y" will give "invalid" intersection with ICP NONE member in ICP dimension but in my application i can see a lot of accounts Which has ISICP attribute as "Y" giving Valid intersection with ICP none Member. SO i conclude that my assumtion was wrong. Please someone suggest how to figure it ot??

This discussion has been closed.