• 2,254,650 Discussions
  • 7,880,082 Comments

Discussions

OIM-OAM forced password change signout redirection URL

Darren S
Darren S Member Posts: 84
edited Dec 9, 2015 9:06AM in Identity Manager

Hi,

We have integrated OAM and OIM 11.1.2.2 using an 11g DCC webgate.

OIM signout goes correctly to the OAM signout page.  After using OIM forgotten password functionality OIM redirects correctly to the OAM login page.

My problem happens when a user is forced to change their password at first login.  The OIM screens appear as expected, but after completing the screen and clicking on 'Submit' the screen shows an error 'ADFC-02017: The value for the url cannot be null or empty.  The logs show SSOAutoLoginHelper: Signout redirection URL: null.

The password change succeeds, it's just the redirection that fails.

Can anyone tell me where the Signout redirection URL should be set?

Thanks

Darren

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Darren S
    edited Dec 9, 2015 9:06AM Accepted Answer

Thanks for your reply, but this was an integrated OAM and OIM set up so there was no change password link created by me.

In my case the error was because OID obpasswordchangeflag was set to true but OIM usr_change_pwd_at_next_logon wasn't set to 1.

This because OIM was upgraded from a 10g version that worked with a 10g OAM version where all password functionality was handled by OAM 10g, so no users ever had their usr_change_pwd_at_next_logon flag set.

Answers

• Darren S
    edited Dec 3, 2015 4:47AM

As a follow up, does anyone know whether the I should end up logged into OIM or back at the OAM login page after the forced password change above?

Thanks

Darren

• Nirupam Samanta
    Nirupam Samanta Member Posts: 421
    edited Dec 3, 2015 6:23AM

check Doc ID 1679266.1 if it helps you.

The parameter "&backUrl=" needs to be added to the URL defined in the "change password" link with a value that specifies the URL the user should be returned to.

• Darren S
    edited Dec 9, 2015 9:06AM Accepted Answer

Thanks for your reply, but this was an integrated OAM and OIM set up so there was no change password link created by me.

In my case the error was because OID obpasswordchangeflag was set to true but OIM usr_change_pwd_at_next_logon wasn't set to 1.

This because OIM was upgraded from a 10g version that worked with a 10g OAM version where all password functionality was handled by OAM 10g, so no users ever had their usr_change_pwd_at_next_logon flag set.

This discussion has been closed.