• 2,262,300 Discussions
  • 7,900,398 Comments

Discussions

Golden gate Monitoring Scripts for Windows

User_NXD5V
User_NXD5V Member Posts: 9 Red Ribbon
edited Feb 4, 2016 5:30AM in GoldenGate

Hello guys,

We have two servers i.e AIX (Source) & Windows (Target). Replication is from AIX server to Windows server.

As I want to monitor Repliocation through Scripts.  If you guys have any script for windows then kindly provide me.

Thanks.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Tagged:
John StegemanUser_NXD5V

Answers

2755932 Member Posts: 6
    edited Jan 13, 2016 9:31AM

Hi Abhijeet,

What exactly you would like to monitor? Just the process status..Please let us know the usecase..

The best possible solution for monitoring the GoldenGate replication is through Goldengate management pack. Please use either GoldenGate monitor or Plugin.

John StegemanUser_NXD5V
  • John Stegeman
    John Stegeman Member Posts: 24,269 Blue Diamond
    edited Jan 13, 2016 11:10AM

So, you'd like us to give us stuff that we have developed for free?

When you win the lottery, please give me the winnings, OK?

A better approach would be to say, "i want to monitor for these types of things - what are some ways to do that?" or "I have no idea what to monitor, what would you suggest?"

• User_NXD5V
    edited Feb 3, 2016 2:21AM

Hello guys

Thanks for your response guys.

I want to monitor Golden gate lag i.e If Process gets abbend or stop at destination(Windows Server) .So i want EMAIL alerts or SMS alerts of that processes .

As I know we can get email alerts through OEM by adding Plug-Ins but Is there any way so I can get EMAIL or SMS alerts of it.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

• K.Gan
    K.Gan Member Posts: 2,788 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 3, 2016 6:17AM

There are numerous free windows log analyzer, it looks for keywords etc and then taking some action, in your case send out an email or pager like it is 1984 :-)

The log to to look is ggserr.log, go abend extract or replicat and tail this file, you will see what it looks like. Get this log analyzer to look for these text.

I have some that I use but I don't know how good or bad they are so just google "free windows log analyzer" and try them.

User_NXD5V
  • User_NXD5V
    edited Feb 3, 2016 7:10AM

Thank You K.Gan

I will definitely check it.

• User_NXD5V
    edited Feb 3, 2016 11:55PM

Hi K.Gan

Can this Log Analyzer send email alerts if there any lag in the golden gate services or it gets abbend. Can you please elaborated briefly about this software.

• K.Gan
    K.Gan Member Posts: 2,788 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 4, 2016 5:30AM

There are many such free programs out there. You just need to review them. did you google "free windows log analyzer"? You will get many such programs. I need to be careful about suggesting free programs from random sites. However you can look at https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=24659 Microsoft free log parser which should be safe as it is from a trusted site.

Ok, you will need to do some (or maybe lots) of work. Oracle OGG has 2 products that can do this, albeit costing money, which is Director and Monitor as mentioned.

User_NXD5V
This discussion has been closed.