• 3,825,923 Users
  • 2,260,580 Discussions
  • 7,896,735 Comments

Discussions

Database Mobile Server - Client and .net API for Windows 10 UWP application

DimitriF
DimitriF Member Posts: 8 Blue Ribbon

Hi,

I have to develop Windows 10 UWP application (Universal Windows Platform). This application will work with an sqlite database. I want to synchronize data with Oracle back end database and use DMS 12.

Do you know when will be available a client and .net API for this kind of Platform ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Dimitri

Answers

• userBDBDMS-Oracle
    userBDBDMS-Oracle Member Posts: 787 Employee
    edited Jan 21, 2016 11:25AM

We have a client that supports the .NET api already.    We have not done any internal testing on UWP but you can certainly test it out and let us know how it goes.  On a lot of the Windows OSes, they use the same core so many times things will work.

thanks

mike

• DimitriF
    DimitriF Member Posts: 8 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jan 21, 2016 12:14PM

Thanks for your reply.

But UWP application on Windows 10 are like, Modern UI application  on Windows 8.1. They can't interact with Windows desktop environnement. They are not like usual win32 apps.

• userBDBDMS-Oracle
    edited Jan 21, 2016 12:21PM

The issue would be (I think) is are there any changes to OS level APIs.   If this application cannot run on a Windows 10 desktop setup, then what OS will it run on?

thanks

mike

• userBDBDMS-Oracle
    edited Jan 21, 2016 12:25PM

I did a quick look up and it appears to use the standard Windows runtime underneath the covers.   I suspect our Windows client will work but like I said initially this isnt something that we have tested but go ahead and try it out.

thanks

mike

This discussion has been closed.