Forum Stats

• 3,814,612 Users
  • 2,258,890 Discussions
  • 7,892,781 Comments

Discussions

Update/Remove Validation-NodeType relationships in bulk

AmaA
AmaA Member Posts: 9

I have a need to retire a validation that is associated with over 20 node types in DRM 11.1.2.4.311.

It appears that I can only do this one node type at a time.  As you can imagine this is an onerous manual task. I do not see anything in the API that will allow me to do this either.

Has anyone done this before? 

Tagged:
AmaA

Answers

• Derek H
    Derek H Member Posts: 7
    edited Feb 11, 2016 9:22PM

Hi AmaA,

I just wrote a post about just the opposite of what you're trying to do, instead of bulk remove, I was trying to bulk add validation: Documentation Update Required - Action Script Parameters - AssignHierValidations & AssignVersionValidations

You can try to write an action script and selectively choose what validation you want included for each hierarchy validation. The problem with that is that it will remove all other assigned validation other than the ones you choose in the action script to include.

Cheers,

Derek

AmaA
  • AmaA
    AmaA Member Posts: 9
    edited Feb 12, 2016 11:38AM

Thanks Derek. Unfortunately, this doesn't help me in my current struggle but is a useful tip overall.

• ScottQ
    ScottQ Member Posts: 149 Blue Ribbon
    edited Feb 16, 2016 11:50AM

Are you sure that using an action script to set a validation removes other validation settings?  Since the action script sets validations one line at a time, it doesn't make sense that it would remove others.  If that was true, wouldn't the last line be the only one set after running the script?

I use actions scripts for validations all the time.  Here's the format:

UpdateHierPropValue    [Version]    [Hierarchy]    Val.[Validation Name]    [Batch/RealTime/Both/None]

To turn validations off just set them to None.

• ScottQ
    ScottQ Member Posts: 149 Blue Ribbon
    edited Feb 16, 2016 11:53AM

Derek H, I just saw your other post about documentation.  It looks like I'm using a different action script method than you are, which would explain why we're getting different results.

This discussion has been closed.