• 2,252,713 Discussions
  • 7,874,327 Comments

Discussions

OdiFileWait is waiting always the file

Agarciap
Agarciap Member Posts: 29
edited Mar 10, 2016 6:28AM in Data Integrator

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with the OdiFileWait, when I run some scenario with an OfiDileWait, it gets stuck in this step always waiting the file. The file exist in the main folder where usually we take the files, and it's wierd because I'm having only problems with files when I'm using OdiFileWait.

For example, I have one scenario that the mapping is a table that gets data from a File, and is working perfectly because if I take off this file from the main folder then the mapping gets an error, file doesn't exist. Is wierd because this one is working but the OdiFileWait that takes different file from the same folder not.

So, anyone knows what's happening there?

PD: I have one variable that takes the directory and is the same in both, data file to table tan file from the OdiFileWait.

Thanks for everything

Tagged:
JeromeFr

Answers

• JeromeFr
    JeromeFr Data Integration Consulting Solutions Architect | A-Team Cloud Solution Architects Member Posts: 1,697 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 10, 2016 3:36AM

Hi @Agarciap,

Could you check that the filename mask is correct?

Could you send us a screenshot of the package, including the properties of the OdiFileWait step?

Regards,

JeromeFr

• Agarciap
    edited Mar 10, 2016 4:27AM

Hello @JeromeFr

Actually this is the variable that takes the directory:

SCHEMA.PNG

We take this value with the function odiRef.getSchemaName.

The error is happening in every package with an OdiFileWait, and in this environment we only import the scenarios, not the package and the mappings, so in the environment that we develop the mappings, packages and we test those everything Works fine

One example of package is the next one:

mapping.PNG

This is the OdiFileWait: "OdiFileWait "-ACTION=MOVE" "-DIR=#EMO.V_CTE_PATH_FITXERS_ODI" "-PATTERN=CONTA_IDENT_ACC.txt" "-TODIR=#EMO.V_CTE_PATH_CARREGA_RAT" "-CASESENS=NO" "-OVERWRITE=YES" "-FILECOUNT=1" "-TIMEOUT=0" "-POLLINT=1000" "-HEADER=0" "-KEEP_FIRST_HEADER=YES" "-NOFILE_ERROR=NO""

And as I said before, in a different package that contains only one mapping is working, and this mapping has a datastore that gets values from a file from the same directory of the odifilewait file.

Thanks for your response.

• JeromeFr
    JeromeFr Data Integration Consulting Solutions Architect | A-Team Cloud Solution Architects Member Posts: 1,697 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 10, 2016 4:37AM

And you don't see any error in the operator, right? It just hangs on the OdiFileWait?

This is weird.

Could you run it with log level 6 to check that both variable have the correct value on the OdiFileWait step?

Could you maybe also try to set the ACTION to NONE, just to check if the problem is in the file detection or the file move (although I guess you should see an error if it fails to move it).

• rpc1
    rpc1 Member Posts: 1,503
    edited Mar 10, 2016 5:05AM

Try to add simple Jython procedure before ODIFileWait

import os

files = '\n'.join(os.listdir("#EMO.V_CTE_PATH_FITXERS_OD"))

raise files

to check that your file is realy  exists ...

This procedure throw exception with file list in the directory before ODI Wait

• Agarciap
    edited Mar 10, 2016 5:28AM

Exactly, Is just running waiting for the file.

Talking about the action there are some other packages with OdiFileWait with none action like the following one:

"OdiFileWait "-ACTION=NONE" "-DIR=/data/redhat/sftp/etq/ODI_ETL_INT/EMO_ETL_INT/emo/pub" "-PATTERN=ACD_BA2.txt" "-CASESENS=YES" "-FILECOUNT=1" "-TIMEOUT=0" "-POLLINT=2000" "-HEADER=0" "-KEEP_FIRST_HEADER=NO" "

The most wierd is that in a different environment, same ODI versión but taking from different directory Works, and this one only is wrong with the OdiFileWait.

• JeromeFr
    edited Mar 10, 2016 5:14AM

Have you tried the log level 6 and to set that one to None to see where the problem comes from?

• Agarciap
    edited Mar 10, 2016 5:29AM

Yes but is still on running.

• rpc1
    edited Mar 10, 2016 6:01AM

Is #EMO.V_CTE_PATH_FITXERS_ODI a local directory or mounted shared drive?

• Agarciap
    edited Mar 10, 2016 6:14AM

#EMO.V_CTE_PATH_FITXERS_ODI is a shared drive, it's a stfp /data/redhat/sftp/etq/ODI_ETL_INT/EMO_ETL_INT

• rpc1
    edited Mar 10, 2016 6:22AM

There are some bugs related to OdiFileWaitfor Shared drives

Oracle Support Document 1558984.1 ('ODI-30052: No file found' Signalled When Using The OdiFileWait Tool on a NFS Mounted Directory) can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1558984.1

JeromeFrAgarciap
This discussion has been closed.