• 3,851,788 Users
  • 2,264,026 Discussions
  • 7,904,850 Comments

Discussions

Hosting GigaSpaces on Java Cloud

user1594283
user1594283 Member Posts: 8
edited Apr 12, 2016 8:11AM in Java Cloud Service

I would like to host an JEE EAR Application with Web Services/JSP/Coherence and GigaSpaces. We are planning to use Java Cloud Service.

Do we need IAAS as well to host Gigaspaces or can we host it on Java Cloud Service.

Best Answer

• Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
    Jiri.Machotka-Oracle Member Posts: 5,078
    edited Apr 12, 2016 7:34AM Answer ✓

So, it's mainly about the second question, then. Do they have something like a certification matrix or system pre-reqs? If so, compare them to what JCS offers (or post them here so that people can judge it). Unless it is a certified app by Oracle, Oracle can hardly guarantee that a 3rd party app will run on JCS or not.

Answers

• Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
    edited Apr 12, 2016 6:05AM

In fact, these are two questions:

- do you need anything from IAAS that is not provided by JCS? The name of the application suggests that Storage cloud might have to be used

- will the application run in JCS - i.e. is it certified with any combination that JCS can offer?

The latter is really more a question to the GagiSpaces Technologies, and even the former might need some initial input from their side.

user1594283
  • user1594283
    edited Apr 12, 2016 7:21AM

Gigaspace is a caching software like coherence, so the application hosted on JCS needs to access this cache. Is  it possible to install and launch this Cache on JCS itself.

• Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
    edited Apr 12, 2016 7:34AM Answer ✓

So, it's mainly about the second question, then. Do they have something like a certification matrix or system pre-reqs? If so, compare them to what JCS offers (or post them here so that people can judge it). Unless it is a certified app by Oracle, Oracle can hardly guarantee that a 3rd party app will run on JCS or not.

• user1594283
    edited Apr 12, 2016 7:46AM

Looks, we will have to host Gigaspaces on IAAS and let web application on JCS  access it. Does Oracle cloud offers a mechanism to establish a connectivity options for web application to access a software service hosted on IAAS internally without going via Internet.

• Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
    edited Apr 12, 2016 8:11AM

This might require on the overall architecture of your solution. Certainly, if both JCS and IAAS are located in the same data center (otherwise, I assume you will experience network latencies possibly disqualifying the whole concept), you might get an offer satisfying your needs. I'd recommend to get in touch with your local Oracle rep and ask for an Oracle cloud champion who can recommend you the best way to go.

This discussion has been closed.