On January 27th, this site will be read-only as we migrate to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,585 Users
  • 2,269,760 Discussions
  • 7,916,785 Comments

Discussions

Query related to replication between two Timesten Databases.

CloudDB
CloudDB INDIAMember Posts: 1,059 Gold Badge
edited Oct 27, 2016 9:53AM in TimesTen In-Memory Database

Dear Gurus,

Our Timesten Database is configured using "Temporary data store" in two different servers.

So basically I'm looking for configure the  replication between two Timesten Databases where my times ten database configured using Temporary data store.

Regards

Hitgon

Best Answer

• ChrisJenkins-Oracle
    ChrisJenkins-Oracle Senior Director, In-Memory Technology United KingdomMember Posts: 3,412 Employee
    edited Apr 15, 2016 7:59AM Answer ✓

I'm afraid that replication is not supported for Temporary datastores. I am wondering why you are using a Temporary datastore, that is a little used 'special' feature. 99.99% of customers use regular datastores. Is there some reason why you cannot do so?

Regards,

Chris

CloudDB

Answers

• ChrisJenkins-Oracle
    ChrisJenkins-Oracle Senior Director, In-Memory Technology United KingdomMember Posts: 3,412 Employee
    edited Apr 15, 2016 7:59AM Answer ✓

I'm afraid that replication is not supported for Temporary datastores. I am wondering why you are using a Temporary datastore, that is a little used 'special' feature. 99.99% of customers use regular datastores. Is there some reason why you cannot do so?

Regards,

Chris

CloudDB
  • CloudDB
    edited Apr 15, 2016 8:59AM

Thanks Chrisjenkins-Oracle

When we using permanent data store so TT performing checkpoint operations on some duration during that time we got spike on application response time RTT.

Same when we we had tested same scenario with temporary data store so that time it's gives us acceptable response time and scalability.

"Our requirement  is to design database for "real time transaction processing system" on replication architecture
    that's needs the response time in millisecond and also scalability in terms of concurrency."

Regards

Hitgon

• ChrisJenkins-Oracle
    edited Apr 18, 2016 11:15AM

Your requirements match those of the majority of our customers and they are able to successfully use TimesTen with permanent datastores. TimesTen checkpointing is specifically designed not to have a major impact on application throughput or response time but you may see some impact if your system is improperly configured (TimesTen and/or OS not configured properly) or has inadequate resources (insufficient CPU/memory, poor storage setup).

Are you able to share your hardware configuration, TimesTen configuration (including exact Timesten version please) and related data?

Chris

• CloudDB
    edited May 6, 2016 2:02AM

Thanks you. I'll share the same soon.

This discussion has been closed.