Forum Stats

• 3,814,132 Users
  • 2,258,823 Discussions
  • 7,892,582 Comments

Discussions

How to automate the metadata generation??

3226594 Member Posts: 40
edited May 3, 2016 3:57AM in WebCenter Content

Hi,

I don't know how to automate the metadata generation with a script. Is there any way to do it?

Thanks!!! =)

3226594Mohan Basavarajappa

Best Answer

• Srinath Menon-Oracle
    Srinath Menon-Oracle Posts: 6,291 Employee
    edited Apr 30, 2016 9:53PM Answer ✓

Ok , so you want to create these assets without using the UI, right ? maybe using a script or batch file or something like that .

You can do all this as mentioned earlier by using ridc , wsdl , idc command file .

The services which needs to be called for each of these are provided in the following documentation : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29542_01/doc.1111/e11011/toc.htm

Which action calls which service can  be figured out by using the google debug panel or FF debug panel , then run the action from UI to get the list of params and service called .

This same set can be called from any of the mechanism mentioned above .

For eg , this is a sample java code to add file store provider with it's configuration to the server : http://tinyurl.com/zrxab2p

Mohan Basavarajappa32265943226594

Answers

• Mohan Basavarajappa
    Mohan Basavarajappa Member Posts: 784
    edited Apr 28, 2016 7:23AM

it's better you mention the specifics, especially, what metadata you are trying to automate. are you trying to generate metadata for files that are lying on disk somewhere and then use that information and checkin those to CS via RIDC API.

Or, while you select a profile or DOCTYPE in check-in screen then you want to pre-populate the screen fields with some pre-defined value.

Your question is too broad and there might be lots of approaches to achieve the same.

You can also look at Content Categorizer component that comes with OWCC. It provides metadata extraction feature

edited Apr 28, 2016 8:46AM

I am trying to generate the metadata schema to use it in other environment. For example, the way to create a script that generate a new profile with their metadata attributes like this:

Profile: Comercial

Metadata attributes:

General data (ContentID, Name, Title, Author,...)

Name of product as LongText

Description as LongText

Type of product as optionList

How to create a definition to create the profile metadata because i know how to create manually the metadata schema in UCM ( Configuration manager in Admin Applets) but i need to know if there is a way to create it automatically.

• Mohan Basavarajappa
    Mohan Basavarajappa Member Posts: 784
    edited Apr 28, 2016 3:03PM

there is no way to create it automatically. you need to write custom idoc scripts and override required script functions and javascripts to achieve this behavior.

• Srinath Menon-Oracle
    edited Apr 29, 2016 12:30AM
    I am trying to generate the metadata schema to use it in other environment. 

Looking to migrate the metadata from one environment to another ? Is that what you are looking for ?

edited Apr 30, 2016 7:25AM

Yeah, i am not looking for the way to migrate the metadata from one environment to another, I looking for the way to create automatically the metadata, profiles, rules,... (the same funcionality of configuration manager in admin applets but manual with a script). Although it can be the same.... -.-

• JoeDG-Oracle
    JoeDG-Oracle Member Posts: 276 Employee
    edited Apr 30, 2016 1:19PM

Is this what you are looking for? Using the IdcCommand line option?

In Windows: call %UCM_DOMAIN_HOME%\%UCM_DOMAIN_NAME%/ucm/cs/bin/IdcCommand -f Create_Metadata_UpdateDBAlso.hda -l ./logs/CreateLogs.txt -u weblogic -c server

In Linux: $UCM_DOMAIN_HOME/$UCM_DOMAIN_NAME/ucm/cs/bin/IdcCommand -f Create_Metadata_UpdateDBAlso.hda -l ./logs/CreateLogs.txt -u weblogic -c server

Create_Metadata_UpdateDBAALSO.hda file:

@Properties LocalData

IdcService=ADD_METADEF

dIsRequired=0

dOptionListKey=Region_List

dOptionListType=choice

dIsOptionList=1

dOrder=10604

dName=xRegion

dIsSearchable=1

dIsEnabled=1

dType=Text

FieldName=Region

dCaption=Region

dDefaultValue=

@end

<<EOD>>

@Properties LocalData

IdcService=UPDATE_OPTION_LIST

dKey=Region_List

OptionListString=Americas\nAPAC\nEMEA\nLAD

@end

<<EOD>>

It's the ADD_METADEF service you want to invoke to add metadata programatically.

• Srinath Menon-Oracle
    edited Apr 30, 2016 9:53PM Answer ✓

Ok , so you want to create these assets without using the UI, right ? maybe using a script or batch file or something like that .

You can do all this as mentioned earlier by using ridc , wsdl , idc command file .

The services which needs to be called for each of these are provided in the following documentation : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29542_01/doc.1111/e11011/toc.htm

Which action calls which service can  be figured out by using the google debug panel or FF debug panel , then run the action from UI to get the list of params and service called .

This same set can be called from any of the mechanism mentioned above .

For eg , this is a sample java code to add file store provider with it's configuration to the server : http://tinyurl.com/zrxab2p

Mohan Basavarajappa32265943226594
    edited May 3, 2016 3:56AM

Thanks!!! =) ADD_METADEF service can use to create medatada =)

edited May 3, 2016 3:57AM

Thanks, I have used web services with RIDC and... great!! =) Thanks for the answer =)

This discussion has been closed.