• 2,258,785 Discussions
  • 7,892,430 Comments

Discussions

Hyperion Planning linkage with OBIEE

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited May 11, 2016 8:24AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

I have a bit of situation here. I have a clubbed figure in hyperion planning and it's breakup report in OBIEE. Is there any way i can link that cell/form to that OBIEE report.

Any workaround? Any manual way of linking it??

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Tagged:
USER1211

Answers

• Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    Dayalan Punniyamoorthy Member Posts: 1,516 Gold Trophy
    edited May 2, 2016 2:34AM

Did you checked this blog, John have covered it well here More to life...: Planning data source in OBIEE 11.1.1.9

HTH,

Dayalan P.

• JanGLi
    JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
    edited May 11, 2016 5:58AM

Thanks for sharing the doc. I have seen the blog and it is more like

i bring my dimension into BI and create reports. (correct me if i am wrong)

What i was looking for is a link which can take me from hyperion data form to OBIEE report.

Or i think we could achieve this by creating a report in OBIEE from the dimensions we brought from hyperion? is it possible?

Regards

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited May 11, 2016 8:09AM

What version of Hyperion are you on?(including patch level)

How was the data loaded into Hyperion?( FDMEE? Essbase load rules?)

What version of OBIEE are you on?

Based on the general information you provided it appears you are looking for some type of drill  functionality.  Hyperion Planning would not be able to natively pass you to OBIEE reports.

The option you have :

If you loaded the Data via FDMEE you could have set that up for Drill through by which you could Drill from Planning to FDMEE to the Source System(could essentially be some URL).

You can look at third party tools like Drill-bridge.

Certainly the belief is you would do the due diligence in setting up and testing the various aspects of the integration(single sign on etc) and giving consideration of the feasibility of such an approach.

Hopefully the above information is helpful to you.

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited May 11, 2016 8:17AM

Drill-through just creates a drill through region in EAS, it can customised in any way without FDMEE, Drillbridge, it is possible to create a new drill through region through EAS or MaxL, API against a planning essbase database.

I have never tried to set up drill through to OBIEE though but if you know the url to pass it can be done.

Cheers

John

USER1211
  • Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    Dayalan Punniyamoorthy Member Posts: 1,516 Gold Trophy
    edited May 11, 2016 8:24AM

Do you mean you want to open a OBIEE report from Hyperion Planning data form?

If yes, may try something like this. From your Data form you can add a comment and in the comment you can add a link to a OBIEE report. i did tested for a local document published in the Workspace (used the smartcut url) and it works.

^AF9458CF1D188234DEB07D8C37FF266562A55A8BDA75DCB2F6^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

Of course you can create a report using the Hyperion metadata & data. Pull the needed data (Budget for FY17) from Hyperion Planning and get that loaded into OBIEE (multiple methods available) and create the reports in OBIEE.

HTH,

Dayalan P.

This discussion has been closed.