Forum Stats

• 3,854,609 Users
  • 2,264,391 Discussions
  • 7,905,742 Comments

Discussions

Invoke a RESTful service from a validation in DRM

2640842 Member Posts: 1

Hi

I am trying to add a custom script validation to a field by invoking a RESTful service (which would return true/false).  Could someone give pointers on how to create XHR objects or make ajax calls from DRM script validation.

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Denzz
    Denzz Member Posts: 813 Gold Badge
    edited May 3, 2016 8:44AM

@2640842

I am not yet sure if this is a possibility, i am aware that there has been some changes in the latest version which gives additional capabilities to DRM to read values externally but it is still a grey area for me.

• Philipp_Ger
    Philipp_Ger Member Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon
    edited May 11, 2016 8:11AM

Hi,

we are trying to do something similar. Basically I have an external application which will be loaded from DRM. Since this application will be used by other countries as primary tool, I need to create unique IDs from that application. Hence I was trying to set up a property definition with javascript to call the webservice and retrieve nextID.

Sadly it seems, using anything but the DRM Objects in Javascript property is impossible. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & BR

Philipp

• KiranTR-Oracle
    KiranTR-Oracle Member Posts: 56 Employee
    edited Jun 1, 2016 9:32AM

The DRM Rest web service was designed to enable the EPM Mobile app for DRM (Data Governance specifically). It was not intended for use outside of the mobile app therefore an API document is not currently available.

This discussion has been closed.