• 2,254,645 Discussions
  • 7,880,078 Comments

Discussions

UCM Desktop Integration Limited File Displayed to Only 200 File

Gumas
Gumas Member Posts: 94 Blue Ribbon
edited May 30, 2016 3:55AM in WebCenter Content

Dear All,

I just implement Desktop Integration to Oracle UCM. After it released I just found that there are only 200 file are able to display on 1 folder. So in case there is 201 file in a folder, when we open it through Desktop integration, it only show 200 file. When we download the file, we also only get 200 file instaed of 201 file. While when we open on UCM folder (I'm using frameworkfolder) we will fine 201 file.

Is there any configuration so that Desktop Integration Suite can display more than 200 file in 1 folder.

Best Regards

Akhmad H Gumas

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Srinath Menon-Oracle
    Srinath Menon-Oracle Posts: 6,291 Employee
    edited May 4, 2016 4:58AM

Hi Akhmad ,

Try this variable in ucm config.cfg :

MaxResults=<value>

Maximum that this value can take with unpatched DB 11.x is 2047 and with patched 11.x dB is 16000 .

Make sure that you are using the latest DIS client (which will be available once the ucm server is patched with latest patchset ).

Gumas
  • William Phelps
    William Phelps Member Posts: 1,428 Silver Trophy
    edited May 4, 2016 9:48AM

Please keep in mind that this is a global setting change that could have unintended system impact elsewhere.

The following is an editorial.  Feel free to ignore the rest of this post.

In general, it amazes me why anyone would want to see a long list of items to have to scroll through to find an item.  Actually searching on some element or attribute (or combination of attributes) helps to quickly locate an item, rather than depending on a fixed folder structure. 

No one ever goes to Google, for example, and browses through page after page of results to find something - some studies have shown that 75% of searches never go past the first page of results.  Adding more results isn't necessarily productive - just makes the scrolling longer. 

Folders are also one of the worst analogies by which to group items.  No two people will categorize and construct the same folder structure.  What works for one probably won't work for another, leading the other users to say "this system is terrible.  We need a new system."  The funny thing is that UCM was probably purchased to replace an old file server share (or two).  However, rather than using the system as designed by searching on meta attributes, the system is set up almost identically to the old file shares that were being replaced.  What a waste of resources... it would have been wiser to simply keep the old file shares.

I'll stop now, but I'd like to hear someone give me a really good use case for using folders to search.  I'll give you the fact that contribution is easier with a folder (for mass ingestion), but not for actually retrieving the document, especially if I wasn't the one who checked it in.

Gumas
  • Gumas
    edited May 9, 2016 6:37AM

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for the suggestion, i just try using MaxResults= variable on config.cfg but it doesn't work on the DIS. I find that all the config.cfg variable for DIS using DIS_ prefix, do I have to add it?

However, I actually use DIS component which come along with the UCM 11.1.1.8 but I install the desktop application using the latest version of DIS. I'll try to update it first.

Best Regards

Akhmad H Gumas

• Srinath Menon-Oracle
    edited May 10, 2016 11:10PM Accepted Answer

Yes ,there was an issue with DIS Client where the variable set in config.cfg was not picked. So, use the latest DIS client after patching ucm server and then test it .

• Gumas
    edited May 25, 2016 2:11AM

Hi Srinath,

I already use the latest DIS client and component but no luck still only display 200 items. Do mean the patching ucm server is by patch # : 22808554. We'll try is soon.

Best Regards

Akhmad H Gumas

• Srinath Menon-Oracle
    edited May 25, 2016 2:22AM

Hi Akhmad ,

Yeah, after you apply that patchset , new DIS Client will be available for download . So, use that and then test .

Thanks,

Srinath

Gumas
  • Gumas
    edited May 30, 2016 3:55AM

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for your help. I just test it after patch the UCM server. Looks like its work. It can display more than 200 item on DIS.

Best Regards

Akhmad H Gumas

This discussion has been closed.