- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.4K Intelligent Advisor
- 75 Insurance
- 537.6K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.7K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 6.1K Cloud Platform
- 109.6K Database Software
- 17.6K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.3K Infrastructure Software
- 105.4K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
replication: who initiates connection?
We're using replication with active-standby pairs with one (or more) read-only subscribers.
The question is: who initiates the TCP connection, specifically re: read-only subscriber? Does the master poll for the subscriber? Or is it listening for a connection from the subscriber? Or both?
I've looked in docs and the forum and cannot find any mention of this.
Thanks in advance!