• 2,266,482 Discussions
  • 7,911,332 Comments

Discussions

Java Cloud Saas Extension and DBAAS relation

Ahmed Abu Hijleh
Ahmed Abu Hijleh Member Posts: 4 Blue Ribbon
edited May 25, 2016 4:40AM in Java Cloud Service

Hi All,

I am new in deploying SAAS extension product on a JCS - SAAS Extension environment, and i have some generic queries.

1- Can i have multiple JCS - SAAS Extension environments (multiple domains) connected to one DBAAS (single Domain)?

2- For the JCS - SAAS Extension environment can I use the normal 'Database cloud as a service' option or am i restricted to use the 'Database cloud as a service - Schema Service' option?

Regards,

Ahmed

Answers

• Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
    Jiri.Machotka-Oracle Member Posts: 5,078
    edited May 19, 2016 8:02AM

Ad 1) Technically, I see no reason why it should not be working - it's like connecting several application servers to a single database server. Of course, you will need environment which has enough computing power to handle the workload. There could also be licensing limitations, but I am not aware of any like that.

Ad 2) see the FAQ answer to "What other cloud services are prerequisites for Java Cloud Service?" at https://cloud.oracle.com/java?tabname=LearnMoreInfo&lmResID=1383678929772

• Ahmed Abu Hijleh
    Ahmed Abu Hijleh Member Posts: 4 Blue Ribbon
    edited May 22, 2016 2:06AM

Thank you for your assistance.

• oladslw
    oladslw Member Posts: 120 Bronze Badge
    edited May 25, 2016 4:40AM

Hello Ahmed, As per Jiri's response, under the hood this is possible however as with SaaS ext, there's no access to the box hence everything is wiredup automatically. The 1st question may not be possible from a sales point of view i.e. oracle sales may not really want that, besides, you stand more chance of paying more long term subscribing to SaaS extension with more than 1 managed server than a Full JCS minimum config.. well this depends heavily on your usage. The 2nd question is more of a sales requirement, if you are looking to get onboard the DBaaS subscription, then you will pose that to your account manager that you wish to expose that service to your existing SaaS extension domain. He/She will have to manage the cloud operations team who should technically be able to bridge the the different boxes. Regards

This discussion has been closed.