• 2,262,486 Discussions
  • 7,900,950 Comments

Discussions

User Priviliges - Propagation

user13116877
user13116877 Member Posts: 1
edited Jun 7, 2016 4:39PM in Advanced Queueing

Hello,

I have two schemas with one queue in each of them. I have set up the propagation between these two queues. The propagation works perfectly as long as the propagated messages are not too big.  When I try to propagate 2K messages then an blob field is being used and the propagation fails with “Not sufficient privileges” error.

I have fixed this problem with granting the users with DBA permissions. But I would prefer to avoid giving these permissions to the users. Is there any other way to solve this problem? Maybe some more granular permissions?

Best Regards

Weronika

Best Answer

• gdanby
    gdanby Member Posts: 221 Bronze Badge
    edited Jun 7, 2016 4:39PM Answer ✓

Yes it's a very good idea not to hand out DBA privileges - I'd revoke them as soon as possible ! Anyway, this is from the Oracle AQ Admin guide "Payloads containing LOBs require users to grant explicit Select, Insert and Update privileges on the queue table for doing enqueues and dequeues."

Answers

• gdanby
    gdanby Member Posts: 221 Bronze Badge
    edited Jun 7, 2016 4:39PM Answer ✓

Yes it's a very good idea not to hand out DBA privileges - I'd revoke them as soon as possible ! Anyway, this is from the Oracle AQ Admin guide "Payloads containing LOBs require users to grant explicit Select, Insert and Update privileges on the queue table for doing enqueues and dequeues."

This discussion has been closed.