• 2,252,713 Discussions
  • 7,874,327 Comments

Discussions

Creating database of Planning Application via workspace

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited Jun 27, 2016 5:35AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

When i go to administration->application->create database using workspace and try to create database it gives me warning saying that

it will delete my cubes/outline/calculation scripts/substitution variables and data. But when i perform this step nothing happens.

I have done it in past and in past it does delete the data but it doesn't delete the outline utility.

What is actually expected to happen when i create database using workspace??

What will actually happen when i create database using workspace?

Screenshot of warning

essbase.jpg

Regards

IRG

Best Answer

• JanGLi
    edited Jun 27, 2016 5:35AM Accepted Answer

Thanks for help  guys.
    I raised an SR and when i try to reproduce the issue.... fortunately it wasn't there.... and tried again it was there.... i tried logging off and logging in again.. and the functionality was fine.

I think the issue is because of my internet speed and bad caches...

Regards

Answers

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Jun 15, 2016 2:28AM

You should only need to use the create button when you creating the essbase cube for Planning application for the first time. In reality you could simply just click the refresh database too and that would create the Essbase database the first time.

The Create button creates a fresh new essbase cube and that is what it does.

Not clear on what you mean does not delete "outline utility".

IRGJanGLi
  • JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jun 15, 2016 3:02AM
  • JanGLi
    edited Jun 24, 2016 3:42AM

I get it... it deletes the outline and re-create it.  (outline utility was a mistake i wanted to right only outline)

Let suppose i wanted to clear all the data in my application. In 11.1.2.2 version i would just re-create my database and i will get a zero block database.... in version 11.1.2.4 this doesn't happened.

Regards

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Jun 24, 2016 3:52AM

If you want to clear all the data out of an application that is not really the method to be using, data can be cleared by other ways.

Also a create should be the same in 11.1.2.4 and it will recreate the databases so all data will be lost.

otn.PNG

It definitely does recreate them I just made sure.

Once created you should really be using the refresh option and not create to preserve.

• JanGLi
    edited Jun 24, 2016 5:27AM

Actually i was using create database for test purposes and i found that it isn't working for me.

Could it be a bug?

Regards

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Jun 24, 2016 6:01AM

I have never seen it if it is a bug, maybe log it with Oracle if you are on the latest patches.

Also check the essbase application log.and look for

[date]Local/APPNAME///10484/Info(1013205)

Received Command [Delete Database]

or any errors.

Cheers

John

JanGLi
  • USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Jun 24, 2016 8:51AM

Tested on 11.1.2.4.004 and the feature is  working as designed in the test case,  hence you may want to seek to open an Oracle SR to have the Oracle engineer works with you and your IT team as it could be your environment if you are on the same patch level.

Let us know how you make out.

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Jun 27, 2016 5:35AM Accepted Answer

Thanks for help  guys.
    I raised an SR and when i try to reproduce the issue.... fortunately it wasn't there.... and tried again it was there.... i tried logging off and logging in again.. and the functionality was fine.

I think the issue is because of my internet speed and bad caches...

Regards

This discussion has been closed.