Forum Stats

• 3,836,735 Users
  • 2,262,175 Discussions
  • 7,900,088 Comments

Discussions

Using the Oracle AQ JMS java api (aqapi.jar) library to create JMS Provider on generic application s

846b6a0c-df1b-4555-9703-645a61905362
edited Jul 18, 2016 2:08PM in Advanced Queueing

Is the provided Oracle AQ JMS java api (aqapi.jar) library enough to configure a functioning JMS provider (and associated connection factories and queues)?  I've managed to create a JMS Provider, and a connection factory.  However I'm running into obscure issues configure and retrieving a queue via JNDI in my container.

I tried to use the Oracle AQ RAR file provided (ojms.rar) in WebSphere however it seems to be custom build for WebLogic and runs into all kinds of class loading issues that I tried to resolve.  When it started looking for Oracle specific MBean configuration I gave up on it.

I'm working with:

Oracle Database 11.2.0.4

WebSphere Application Server 8.5

Frustration comment: I've had to get this far by sweat and tears because there is next to no specific documentation on HOW to use Oracle's provided RAR and Jar libraries on this topic.  To me this seems to be a vendor war type situation where Oracle documents how to use their "generic" resource adapter in WebLogic.  However good luck figuring out how to use it in WebSphere or Jboss.

Tagged:

Answers

This discussion has been closed.