• 2,254,438 Discussions
  • 7,879,448 Comments

Discussions

JCS documentation guidance

Juan S.
Juan S. Member Posts: 98 Bronze Badge
edited Jun 22, 2016 11:20AM in Java Cloud Service

Hi community!

I trying to find any documentation related on how to connect JCS with Financial ERP service. I'm trying to use the Business Objects Services in order to connect to Financials' business objects, but I couldn't find a walkthrough nor a tutorial that describes how to do so. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Juan

Juan S.

Best Answer

• Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
    Jiri.Machotka-Oracle Member Posts: 5,078
    edited Jun 22, 2016 9:23AM Accepted Answer
    Juan Saba wrote:

Hi Jiri,

For example, in here I tried to find a tutorial describing how to implement a WS proxy with JCS in order to consume WS served in Financials Cloud service, but I couldn't find it. I did find some docs doing this with Sales Cloud.

This is more a question about the Financials Cloud Service, isn't it? JCS will behave here like any other Java program.

Think of JCS as an app server, not a SOA layer. You can certainly do peer-to-peer integrations, but there might be better means for the same.

Juan S.

Answers

• Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
    edited Jun 22, 2016 1:08AM

Take a look at the documentation http://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/jcs_gs/index.html (there are also videos and samples)

Particularly your scenario might not be there - JCS is not an integration platform, so what you might find is a) how to consume a service form JCS or b) how to create a service in JCS.

OOTB integration with other systems is more a task for ICS or SOA Cloud.

• Juan S.
    edited Jun 22, 2016 9:10AM

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your answer. The link you sent me was my starting point with this subject. For example, in here I tried to find a tutorial describing how to implement a WS proxy with JCS in order to consume WS served in Financials Cloud service, but I couldn't find it. I did find some docs doing this with Sales Cloud.

It catches my attention when you said that JCS is not an integration layer, I know it's more than that, but do you think this is not a viable way to integrate systems? I aware that SOA and ICS are more specific to such purpose, but I'm researching the viability of this option.

Kind regards

Juan

• Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
    edited Jun 22, 2016 9:23AM Accepted Answer
    Juan Saba wrote:

Hi Jiri,

For example, in here I tried to find a tutorial describing how to implement a WS proxy with JCS in order to consume WS served in Financials Cloud service, but I couldn't find it. I did find some docs doing this with Sales Cloud.

This is more a question about the Financials Cloud Service, isn't it? JCS will behave here like any other Java program.

Think of JCS as an app server, not a SOA layer. You can certainly do peer-to-peer integrations, but there might be better means for the same.

Juan S.
  • Juan S.
    edited Jun 22, 2016 11:20AM

Thanks Jiri.

Regards

Juan

This discussion has been closed.