On January 27th, this site will be read-only as we migrate to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,534 Users
  • 2,269,755 Discussions
  • 7,916,775 Comments

Discussions

How do I configure Timesten to run as embedded database without running TimesTen daemon in the backg

I am looking for an option to run Timesten as an embedded database. I saw that Timesten supports directly linking to TimesTen ODBC Driver. But this uses shared memory internally, which I am not keen in using.

I want to use the in memory database as like a pure embedded DB which runs as part of the application so that there are no IPCs provided.

Answers

• ChrisJenkins-Oracle
    ChrisJenkins-Oracle Senior Director, In-Memory Technology United KingdomMember Posts: 3,412 Employee
    edited Jun 29, 2016 5:30AM

I'm afraid this is not possible. The architecture of TimesTen requires the various management processes (main daemon, sub-daemons etc.) and since the database itself is a shared memory segment it is not possible to operate without that.

Chris

This discussion has been closed.