• 2,264,340 Discussions
  • 7,905,607 Comments

Discussions

ODI HFM Connection, Cluster Issue

Mohamed Ezzat
Mohamed Ezzat Member Posts: 7
edited Jul 26, 2016 11:01AM in Data Integrator

Hello Experts,

I was trying to connect to HFM through ODI 11, while reverse engineering I used to receive an error while loading driver, I came across the note here and solved it, note link: http://www.mytechdocs.com/hfm-11-1-2-2-driver-and-odi-11-1-1-7-on-windows-2008r2/

The error has changed to be this: com.hyperion.odi.common.ODIHAppException: com.hyperion.odi.common.ODIHAppException: Error occurred in driver while connecting to Financial Management application [DEVFM1] on [SVILUPPO] using user-name [HFM].

I tracked this, someone had the same issue and said that the problem was with the Cluster configuration, which in my case SVILUPPO..I am trying to see SVILUPPO's configuration, through the EMP configuration utility, however this is what I get whenever I try to access the cluster configuration, there is an error in the step before it "Configure application server", it gives me the error below:

1.png

So I tried to connect on the Application Cluster SVILUPPO using FM Configurator, I don't get a connection screen, and there is no connect in the application, once I open the application this is the screen I get

2.png

This is very critical for me at the time being, your help will be so much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jul 26, 2016 10:51AM Answer ✓

I wrote that a long time ago against HFM 11.1.1.3, the HFM ODI adaptors worked until 11.1.2.3 then HFM was changed in 11.1.2.4 to be Java based so the adaptors were no use anymore and Oracle have no plans to change that.

The alternative to load data is FDMEE, any problems with that take it up with Oracle

Answers

• Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    Dayalan Punniyamoorthy Member Posts: 1,516 Gold Trophy
    edited Jul 26, 2016 8:21AM

What is your HFM version is it 11.1.2.2?

Can you try with the host name running the HFM services rather than the Cluster name, i believe it will looking for the host name rather than the cluster name. do you have more than 1 HFM server configured to the cluster? If its only one HFM sever use the server name.

HTH,

Dayalan P.

• Mohamed Ezzat
    edited Jul 26, 2016 9:53AM

Hello Dayalan,

Thank you for replying, the HFM version is 11.1.2.4.0.79, I tried with the full qualified hostname and port 9091 to be like this hostname:9091, tried servernumber:9091, tried hostname\clustername:9091, mostly tried everything, everything points to the cluster, I need to access the cluster configuration or check whether I connect to it through FM desktop..

Best Regards,

Mohamed Ezzat

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Jul 26, 2016 10:04AM

ODI is not supported with HFM 11.1.2.4 and the existing adaptors will not work due to the changes in HFM in 11.1.2.4

Support doc - "Oracle Enterprise Performance Management and Oracle Data Integrator Statement of Direction (Doc ID 1981899.1)"

From the doc - "Additionally, the HFM KM will not be available in ODI 12c, and will not be available for integration with EPM 11.1.2.4."

• Mohamed Ezzat
    edited Jul 26, 2016 10:31AM

Hello John!

Thank you so much for replying, your blog has been a main guide for me till now.

I'm using ODI 11.1.1.7 as per this note, however I have some questions regarding this issue, as per your blog here: More to life...: Planning 11.1.2.4 with ODI 11.1.1.7/9 you can test whether you can connect to the app cluster or not, here:

pastedImage_1.png

I can't do this, is it due to the HFM version? also I thought about the ODI agent, do I have to install an ODI agent on the server machine? and what about the port error I'm experiencing while trying to access the Cluster configuration through the EPM configurator.

Thanks,

Mohamed Ezzat

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Jul 26, 2016 10:37AM

That blog you are referring to is about planning and not HFM, you can't use HFM 11.1.2.4 with the ODI HFM adaptor

• Mohamed Ezzat
    edited Jul 26, 2016 10:46AM

Sorry! I meant this link More to life...: ODI Series - Will the real ODI-HFM blog please stand up. is there any workaround available? What other ETL tools do you recommend?
    Thanks

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Jul 26, 2016 10:51AM Answer ✓

I wrote that a long time ago against HFM 11.1.1.3, the HFM ODI adaptors worked until 11.1.2.3 then HFM was changed in 11.1.2.4 to be Java based so the adaptors were no use anymore and Oracle have no plans to change that.

The alternative to load data is FDMEE, any problems with that take it up with Oracle

• Mohamed Ezzat
    edited Jul 26, 2016 11:01AM

Thank you so much

This discussion has been closed.