• 3,854,194 Users
  • 2,264,340 Discussions
  • 7,905,597 Comments

Discussions

Error during consolidation process

3041086 Member Posts: 28
edited Aug 2, 2016 9:57AM in Financial Consolidation

Hi All,

I am seeing a error when I run the consolidation process. First experienced it when run through the batch process and still experienced it when run manually.

consol error.PNG

Any help on the issue or can point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Answers

• Vikram VK
    Vikram VK Member Posts: 1,204
    edited Aug 1, 2016 10:11AM

Understood that you ran via batch process and it got aborted. When you say that you ran it manually whether it means you opened the Grid then right click did the consolidate or consolidate all with data?

Also, you have checked this consolidation logic with your functional admin? Whether the rule/logic is adhere to what you have selected?

In past, have this consolidation ran successfully?

Thanks.

3041086 Member Posts: 28
    edited Aug 1, 2016 10:29AM

Hi Vikram,

yes when manually run, I am choosing "consolidate all with data".

there were no rule changes this month. Yes, in the past the consolidation runs sucessfully this is the first time encountering this issue.

• Vikram VK
    Vikram VK Member Posts: 1,204
    edited Aug 1, 2016 10:36AM

Ok, Good to know.

I see that when you are running the consolidation it is hitting to KDCPHFM02, Is it possible for you to try with the other servers ?

So far I know that CapitalOne will have three HFM Server, KDCPHFM01, 02 & 03.

Can you do that test?

Also, make sure that user do is doing this activity he should have the right privilege.

Thanks.

• beatriceS
    beatriceS Member Posts: 80
    edited Aug 1, 2016 10:59AM

Hi

Are you sure you system message doesn't give more info ? like on which line it aborted ? on other lines of your system message, you should have more information.

Regards

Beatrice

• CBarbieri
    CBarbieri Member Posts: 1,011 Gold Trophy
    edited Aug 2, 2016 9:57AM

The error message you posted does not contain the information we need to help you. You should see error messages which precede or follow the one you posted. In one of those, you will see the rules error. If the rule didn't change and it was successful during prior periods, then you should consider that some rules are data driven, meaning the rules won't run on an intersection until there is data in it. So the first time you have data in the intersection could be the first time you see tha the rule needs to be revised.

Another possibility is that metadata has changed, possibly making the conditions for the rule invalid.

Another possibility is that the rules refer to a custom member list which has changed, possibly making the rule abort.

Lastly, I highly recommend you avoid using "Consolidate All", which I think I see in your error message. This action executes rules in all entities, and can lengthen your consolidation time unnecessarily.

Please post the additional error messages if you haven't resolved this already, and we can try to help you out.

- Chris

This discussion has been closed.