On January 27th, this site will be read-only as we migrate to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,524 Users
  • 2,269,754 Discussions
  • 7,916,770 Comments

Discussions

how to run TimesTen in embedded mode in a C++ application

hemant jain
hemant jain Member Posts: 2
edited Sep 19, 2016 5:03AM in TimesTen In-Memory Database

Hi,

I am evaluating TimesTen for my embedded db requirement but cant find any documentation for the same.

My use case is to use TimesTen embedded in my application and do CRUD operation directly from my application.

Can someone please point me to relevant documentation and sample code for this ?

Regards,

Hemant

Best Answer

• ChrisJenkins-Oracle
    ChrisJenkins-Oracle Senior Director, In-Memory Technology United KingdomMember Posts: 3,412 Employee
    edited Aug 12, 2016 3:00AM Answer ✓

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking about. Have you consulted the main TimesTen documentation set?

If you are looking for a database that is totally embedded in the application (i.e. it is just a single library with no other components) then that is not possible with TimesTen.

When using TimesTen you always need to install it (though it supports automated silent install) and there will always be several processes running outside of and separate from the application.

Chris

Answers

• ChrisJenkins-Oracle
    ChrisJenkins-Oracle Senior Director, In-Memory Technology United KingdomMember Posts: 3,412 Employee
    edited Aug 12, 2016 3:00AM Answer ✓

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking about. Have you consulted the main TimesTen documentation set?

If you are looking for a database that is totally embedded in the application (i.e. it is just a single library with no other components) then that is not possible with TimesTen.

When using TimesTen you always need to install it (though it supports automated silent install) and there will always be several processes running outside of and separate from the application.

Chris

• hemant jain
    hemant jain Member Posts: 2
    edited Sep 19, 2016 5:03AM

We are looking for embedded db like BDB.

Thanks Chris. You answred my question.

This discussion has been closed.