Forum Stats

• 3,854,188 Users
  • 2,264,339 Discussions
  • 7,905,597 Comments

Discussions

Tagged

Question regarding the .xml metadata extract.

3041086 Member Posts: 28
edited Aug 10, 2016 4:34PM in Financial Consolidation

Hi All,

I extracted two formats of the metadata from workspace and while looking at them I noticed this string in the .xml version of the file:

<MISC Name="AppSettings">

<MISCENTRY>

<LABEL>Dummy</LABEL>

Anyone know what this string is and it's purpose? Thanks

Tagged:
3041086Sai Kumar Kandunuri

Best Answer

• KVJ
    KVJ Member Posts: 23
    edited Aug 9, 2016 5:28PM Answer ✓

Application settings is not a standard dimension name in HFM, therefore it does not have any members. Other dimensions like Entity, Accounts. custom and even currency have members, therefore to list them XML needs a <Label> to tag them. For App Settings though it just gives a label as Dummy as it is required syntax in xml.

You will not have this info in *.app file of the same app.

Thanks

Answers

• KVJ
    edited Aug 9, 2016 5:28PM Answer ✓

Application settings is not a standard dimension name in HFM, therefore it does not have any members. Other dimensions like Entity, Accounts. custom and even currency have members, therefore to list them XML needs a <Label> to tag them. For App Settings though it just gives a label as Dummy as it is required syntax in xml.

You will not have this info in *.app file of the same app.

Thanks

3041086 Member Posts: 28
    edited Aug 10, 2016 10:04AM

Can the "Dummy" label be changed to a more unique indentifier? I currently have 4 different HFM applications and am in the process of the introducing a new hierarchy manager that will initially adopt the metadata hierarchy from the different applications. But when I try to load the files the are just overwriting each other.

• KVJ
    edited Aug 10, 2016 3:53PM

Unfortunately you cannot change syntax of xml file. Also not sure why you need to do this.

This discussion has been closed.