• 2,247,054 Discussions
  • 7,857,519 Comments

Discussions

Can't Load text via Outline Load Utility

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited Sep 11, 2016 3:27AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

I am trying to upload a single text row into hyperion planning but unable to do so.

I have exported a single row from this data form. Exporting (helo).

pastedImage_0.png

I have exported the file from planning using these drivers. My POV (FY16,Budget,First Draft,Local,FFL,M.1,CC00000,No Future 1,Permanent,No Product,Common requsition cost center,No Period)

pastedImage_2.png

This is the file which i get.

pastedImage_3.png

I am trying to upload the same file which i have exported using these drivers.

pastedImage_4.png

I am getting this error

pastedImage_5.png

"Unable to obtain dimension information and/or perform a data load: The dimension 0 is invalid."

"Trace information: com.hyperion.planning.db.HspDEDBImpl::getMembersCache:287, com.hyperion.planning.db.HspDEDBImpl::getDimMember:1612, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getMembersVectorFromStringVector:1133, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getMembersVectorFromStringVector:1047, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getMembersVectorFromString:1208, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getEvaluatedMembersVectorFromString:935, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getEvaluatedMembersVectorFromString:928, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::setDriverMembers:3989, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::halAdapterInfoAndLoad:339, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::loadAndPrintStatus:5481, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::outlineLoadAsyncImpl:4468, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::access$000:59, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad$1::call:4350, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad$1::call:4347, java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync::innerRun:303, java.util.concurrent.FutureTask::run:139, java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker::runTask:886, java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker::run:909, java.lang.Thread::run:662"

I don't know why i am getting an error even though i am using the same file which i have exported.

Any help guys?

Regards

Vikram Belathur

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Sep 1, 2016 11:03AM

Is the file definitely split over two lines, one for the header and one for the data, from your screenshot it looks to be all on one line.

Cheers

John

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Sep 1, 2016 11:24AM

I have changed the file to fit in two files. This is what my file look like.

pastedImage_0.png

Still same error.

"Unable to obtain dimension information and/or perform a data load: The dimension 0 is invalid."

"Trace information: com.hyperion.planning.db.HspDEDBImpl::getMembersCache:287, com.hyperion.planning.db.HspDEDBImpl::getDimMember:1612, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getMembersVectorFromStringVector:1133, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getMembersVectorFromStringVector:1047, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getMembersVectorFromString:1208, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getEvaluatedMembersVectorFromString:935, com.hyperion.planning.HspRTPUtils::getEvaluatedMembersVectorFromString:928, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::setDriverMembers:3989, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::halAdapterInfoAndLoad:339, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::loadAndPrintStatus:5481, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::outlineLoadAsyncImpl:4468, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad::access$000:59, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad$1::call:4350, com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad$1::call:4347, java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync::innerRun:303, java.util.concurrent.FutureTask::run:139, java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker::runTask:886, java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker::run:909, java.lang.Thread::run:662"

Regards

• Celvin Kattookaran
    Celvin Kattookaran Member Posts: 3,143 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 1, 2016 11:30AM

Shouldn't Employee 1 be "Employee 1"?

Regards

CK

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Sep 2, 2016 2:03AM

Tried with inverted commas. Still no luck

• JanGLi
    edited Sep 2, 2016 2:04AM

Can you guys try to upload a single text cell using outline load utility? and share that file?

Regards

• Vikram Belathur
    Vikram Belathur Member Posts: 263
    edited Sep 2, 2016 2:18AM

Hello,

The below format worked for me.

Can you remove your double quotes from your POV and give it a try, I have had issues with that.

I assume you are trying to load it from a csv file.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Vikram

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Sep 2, 2016 2:32AM

Dear Vikram,

pastedImage_0.png

Is this a CSV file or XLS?

regards

• JanGLi
    edited Sep 2, 2016 2:33AM

Can you edit you file in simple notepad and share?

regards

• Vikram Belathur
    edited Sep 2, 2016 2:38AM

That is a CSV file JanGLi.

I've tried uploading via notepad and that did not work hence used a CSV which worked. Any reasons for not using a csv?

I opened the CSV in a notepad and below is the format.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Vikram

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Sep 2, 2016 3:49AM

dear vikram,

Thanks for sharing.

I am going for csv but couldn't get it work. So i thought i should view csv file in notepad. Not trying to upload txt file.

Excel sometimes changes doesn't show what actually the file is.

E.g. excel does't show quotation marks under Point-of-View but if you see the same file in notepad you can see the quotation marks under point-of-view column.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

• Vikram Belathur
    edited Sep 2, 2016 4:19AM

Yes that's correct it does put double quotation marks around hence I prefer CSV. When you said you could not get it to work you have not said what errors you got.

But with a csv it should work it's pretty straight forward as I have shown above.

Thanks,

Vikram

JanGLi
  • JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Sep 2, 2016 4:44AM

I have also given it a try to be similar to your example

Form

pastedImage_0.png

Export

pastedImage_1.png

Export csv file

pastedImage_2.png

Updated file

pastedImage_3.png

Import

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Updated form

pastedImage_6.png

Cheers

John

Vikram BelathurJanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Sep 11, 2016 3:26AM Accepted Answer

I found the issue and solution.

The issue was with my employee id member. It is opened in account dimension and activated for only plan2. When i allowed if for plan1 i am able to upload data. Not sure if it's a bug or the way it is supposed to work, that i seriously doubt .

The reason i doubt is because i upload the same cell from eas console without any issue and employee id being activated from only plan2.

Here is another thread i found about this issue. Unable to obtain dimension information and/or perform a data load: The dimension 0 is invalid

Regards and thanks for help.

This discussion has been closed.