• 3,855,345 Users
  • 2,264,499 Discussions
  • 7,905,975 Comments

Discussions

Locking Period Error

3041086 Member Posts: 28
edited Sep 13, 2016 4:52PM in Financial Consolidation

Hi All,

I am getting an error when I go to lock the Periods through HFM grid. The error blurb says "Cannot complete this action because calculation, translation, or consolidation need be to be performed."

I saw that there was a previous post regarding this error but following the proposed solution on that post didn't seem to fix it (maybe I did it wrong) didn't seem to fix it.

I pulled the the entities on smartview and through the Grid and I can't find "CN" or Not Ok but it still won't let me lock the periods. Any help or guidance on this will be greatly welcomed.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• stefr
    stefr Member Posts: 36
    edited Sep 13, 2016 6:16AM Answer ✓

Probably you need to perform a Consolidation Process on the Consolidation node with CN Status.

To lock a company, all the values dimension from Entity Curr to Contribution Total must be in Status "OK".

Regards

Stefano

Answers

• CBarbieri
    CBarbieri Member Posts: 1,011 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 9, 2016 5:09PM

I suggest you create a grid, whether an ad hoc in Smart View, or in the web, that shows all entities in the rows, and the value dimension in the rows for the period in question. For the value members, add all of the ones with < > and [ ] in their names. The error typically means that at least one entity has a calc status in a value member that is yellow (CH, TR, or CN).

- Chris

edited Sep 11, 2016 10:01PM

Hey Chris,

thanks for your suggestion. I noticed that the new BU that was added this month is what is preventing the ability to lock the period. Is there something that could have went wrong when creating new entity that is causing this? I tried to force calculate/consolidate and tried locking but I am getting the same error of not being able to lock even that indiviual entity.

Thanks

• stefr
    stefr Member Posts: 36
    edited Sep 13, 2016 6:16AM Answer ✓

Probably you need to perform a Consolidation Process on the Consolidation node with CN Status.

To lock a company, all the values dimension from Entity Curr to Contribution Total must be in Status "OK".

Regards

Stefano

edited Sep 13, 2016 4:42PM

Hey Stefano,

Thank you for your input.

I finally got it to work by running Calc Contribution on the newly added entities.

This discussion has been closed.