• 2,247,054 Discussions
  • 7,857,524 Comments

Discussions

FDMEE of Mapping ways.

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited Oct 9, 2016 7:09AM in Financial Data Management

Hi,

I used to do FDMEE member mapping using a CSV file with only two columns. Like below:

pastedImage_0.png

first column is source and second column is target.

There is an option in data load mapping (download excel template). This file looks like below:

pastedImage_1.png

Can we use this? if yes i couldn't understand how.

Are there other ways too?

Note: I am only talking about explicit mapping at the moment.

Regards

Answers

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Oct 8, 2016 8:38AM

Yes you can use the excel template to load maps. Have a read of the FDMEE admin guide section [Downloading an Excel Template (Mapping Template)] to understand how.

Also there have been a few discussion on the forum (e.g {How to import Excel as an source file into FDMEE?}) which you should review also.

The two ways to upload maps are file(e.g text or csv) and excel. Notably the methods are listed in the FDMEE admin guide

Oracle® Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Enterprise Edition Administrator's Guide - Contents

You did not state if you encountering an error with what has been working for you or anything thus the belief is this a  general inquiry question, as always you can just Google |FDMEE maps upload approach| and other items and many folks have written blogs etc on the topic that you can read.

• ThinkFDM
    ThinkFDM Member Posts: 224 Silver Badge
    edited Oct 8, 2016 9:24AM

I prefer to use text file map loaders with FDMEE. Advantage over Excel map loader template: can load more than one dimension per map loader file.  However, a text file map loader can't be used if your map contains member mapping scripts.

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    edited Oct 9, 2016 7:09AM

as @ThinkFDM suggested...use csv files if not having scripts

This discussion has been closed.