• 2,258,870 Discussions
  • 7,892,703 Comments

Discussions

Discoverer Desktop Unable to connect to: invalid Username/password

Trav987
Trav987 Member Posts: 15
edited Nov 14, 2016 8:10PM in Discoverer

Hi.

I have installed Discoverer Desktop 10.1.2.1 for use with my Oracle E-Bus 11.5 and for some reason I am unable to login to the Desktop client of Discoverer

I try a different username (eg the EUL owner and another admin account) and they work ok on my machine, I am unable to connect as myself (other users having the same issue)

I am using windows 7 64-bit but have also tried on a 32-bit machine.

I don't think it matters for Discoverer Desktop but the installed Java version is 8 (but others with 6 have the same issue)

Can anyone point me in the direction of where i might be able to troubleshoot user access

Many Thanks

Best Answer

• Trav987
    edited Nov 14, 2016 8:09PM Answer ✓

Ok I have found a solution to my problem..

Download and install Discoverer desktop 11g. This has alleviated my issues, although it came with its own tricks to install as administrator and then for some reason windows locked the install folder and i had to grant myself access to my own c:\oracle folder...

But that was just me. others in my team didn't have to do that.

Answers

• Trav987
    edited Nov 14, 2016 8:09PM Answer ✓

Ok I have found a solution to my problem..

Download and install Discoverer desktop 11g. This has alleviated my issues, although it came with its own tricks to install as administrator and then for some reason windows locked the install folder and i had to grant myself access to my own c:\oracle folder...

But that was just me. others in my team didn't have to do that.

This discussion has been closed.