• 2,260,838 Discussions
  • 7,897,404 Comments

Discussions

Outline Load Utility file format

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
edited Dec 1, 2016 11:22PM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

I am on hyperion planning version 11.1.2.4, on-prem.

I am trying to load file using outline load utility. According to this URL i can use three ways to load data into Outline load utility (Generating a Data Load File).

I am bit confused in example 1 and example 2. Can i use example 1 and example 2 as my file format and load data using cmd utility? or example 1 and example 2 are for GUI outline load utility? and example 3 is for cmd utility.

Kindly help.

Regards

Tagged:
JohnGoodwinDayalan Punniyamoorthy

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Dec 1, 2016 5:32AM Answer ✓

OutlineLoad /A:vision /U:admin /M /I:E:\JanGLi_Needs_To_Mark_His_Posts\otndataexample2.csv /D:Account /L:E:\JanGLi_Needs_To_Mark_His_Posts\outlineLoad.log /X:E:\JanGLi_Needs_To_Mark_His_Posts\outlineLoad.exc

Dayalan Punniyamoorthy

Answers

• Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    Dayalan Punniyamoorthy Member Posts: 1,516 Gold Trophy
    edited Dec 1, 2016 3:13AM

All the 3 examples can be used to load the data using OLU.

The difference they have in example 1 & 2 is the dimension (driver dimension is account and Entity respectively) its is loading the data. In the 3rd one you can specify the driver members directly to the load file.

HTH,

Dayalan P.

JanGLi
  • JohnGoodwin
    edited Dec 1, 2016 3:22AM

It actually explains the difference in the examples

Example 1: In this example, Account was selected as the Data Load dimension on the application's Data Load Administration page. Period was selected as the Driver Dimension, and Jan was selected as the Driver member.

Example 2: In this example, Entity was selected as the Data Load dimension on the application's Data Load Administration page. Account was selected as the Driver Dimension, and Account members aUnspec, aSmart, aDate, and aText were selected as the driver members

Example 2 is also using numeric, Smart List, Date and Text values.

Example 3: Specify drivers directly in the load file.

There is a clue that they are all for the OLU - "When loading data with the Outline Load utility,"

Cheers

John

JanGLi
  • Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    edited Dec 1, 2016 4:00AM

I really need to learn the art of documenting from you @JohnGoodwin

JohnGoodwinJanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Dec 1, 2016 4:18AM

I wanted to load data using command line utility of outline load utility using the following format as shown in example 1:

Account,Jan,Point-of-View,Data Load Cube Name

This is what i am doing.

This is the command i am using to load data:

./OutlineLoad.sh /A:HypUAT1 /U:admin /D:Account /M /I:/u01/hyperion/fdmee_custom/WF/WF_AUG-16.csv /TR /X:/u01/hyperion/fdmee_custom/WF/WF_AUG-16.exc /L:/u01/hyperion/fdmee_custom/WF/WF_AUG-16.log

This is my file:

Account,Common Employees,Point-of-View,Data Load Cube Name

Employee Count,11511,"Jan, No Line Item,Actual,First Draft,Local,No Entity,No Asset Class,Common Cost Centre,No Future 1,No Product,Common requsition cost center,FY16",Plan2

This is my Data Load Administration Page:

pastedImage_2.png

This is the error that i got:

nrecognized column header value(s) were specified for the "OFADataLoadDimension" dimension: "Account", "Common Employees". (Check delimiter settings, also, column header values are case sensitive.)

• Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    edited Dec 1, 2016 4:21AM

Its is explained in this doc, While Loading Data in Planning Outline Load Utility Throws Error:"Unrecognized column header value(s)" (Doc ID 1404945.1).

Make sure the header is proper and do remember its case sensitive.

HTH,

Dayalan P.

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Dec 1, 2016 4:23AM

So what i am doing is perfectly ok?

Regards

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Dec 1, 2016 4:41AM

I would continue but it wasn't long since this question -   which you didn't bother to let us know whether it helped, was correct or anything.

And remember what you said on the following post -

JanGLi
  • Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    edited Dec 1, 2016 4:41AM

Yes, at first glance it looks fine for me.

I am not sure, but the space in the values under POV might be causing the issue. "Jan, No Line Item,Actual,First Draft,Local,No Entity,No Asset Class,Common Cost Centre,No Future 1,No Product,Common requsition cost center,FY16"

Can you try load a single line file with values with no space and see how it goes?

Regards,

Dayalan P.

JanGLi
  • JohnGoodwin
    edited Dec 1, 2016 4:45AM

If all the case sensitivity and spelling is correct, it can be down to incorrect plan type, spaces and as it is linux it could be problems with the file encoding.

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Dec 1, 2016 4:51AM

I am able to upload data using same dimensions members using this file format:

Value,Driver Member,Point-of-View,Data Load Cube Name

This discussion has been closed.