• 2,258,922 Discussions
  • 7,892,882 Comments

Discussions

Find Conflicts

Renan Barbalho
Renan Barbalho Member Posts: 233
edited Dec 19, 2016 12:14PM in Workspace Manager

Folks,

I have a question about the workspace manager and I can not find the solution by reading the documentation.

My application works with workspace manager, today I have a database (LIVE) divided into 8 workspaces, I have done work in those workspaces, at a certain point I need to merge the information that was worked, however, the moment I I do the merge I'm getting a conflict notification.

In my application there is a method that makes the merge and in sequence it also refresh the workspaces, the moment I perform the refresh procedure I get the error ORA informing of the conflict in the XXX workspace.

How can I find out which workspaces have conflict? Is there a procedure or view that shows me this?

It's very bad that I have to stay in all workspaces and validate all XXX_CONF views to check a conflict, there must be a simpler way to do this procedure that I'm not finding in the documentation.

I'm using Oracle 11g (11.2.0.4) Enterprise Edition 64 bits.

Anyone have any tips?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Ben Speckhard-Oracle
    Ben Speckhard-Oracle Member Posts: 748
    edited Dec 14, 2016 3:50PM Answer ✓

Hi,

The only way to determine if a workspace has a conflict is to query either the _CONF view for each versioned table or using the conflict column of the all_wm_versioned_tables/dba_wm_versioned_tables/user_wm_versioned_tables views.  This needs to be done on a workspace by workspace basis.  There is no way to determine the set of workspaces that have a conflict in any versioned tables.  You first need to pick a specific workspace before determining if conflicts exists.

Regards,

Ben

Renan Barbalho

Answers

• Ben Speckhard-Oracle
    Ben Speckhard-Oracle Member Posts: 748
    edited Dec 14, 2016 3:50PM Answer ✓

Hi,

The only way to determine if a workspace has a conflict is to query either the _CONF view for each versioned table or using the conflict column of the all_wm_versioned_tables/dba_wm_versioned_tables/user_wm_versioned_tables views.  This needs to be done on a workspace by workspace basis.  There is no way to determine the set of workspaces that have a conflict in any versioned tables.  You first need to pick a specific workspace before determining if conflicts exists.

Regards,

Ben

Renan Barbalho
  • Renan Barbalho
    Renan Barbalho Member Posts: 233
    edited Dec 16, 2016 2:17PM

Ben,

Thanks alot for your answer.

I'm sad with this news because there no way easy to find a conflict inside workspace manager.

Regards,

Renan

This discussion has been closed.