Forum Stats

• 3,855,180 Users
  • 2,264,466 Discussions
  • 7,905,913 Comments

Discussions

count_distinct error: Join configuration could not be resolved. distinct function cannot be re-aggr

900334 Member Posts: 3
edited Jan 17, 2017 8:56AM in Discoverer

Hi ! I am using oracle discovery  11g. I am trying to use count_distinct and its giving me error. The tried to copy the generated SQL run directly on database and it runs fine.

Error is:

Join configuration could not be resolved. distinct function cannot be re-aggregated.

FYI, I am running same report in Discovery Desktop and it runs fine.

Can anyone please provide help.

Thanks

Answers

• mrigg
    mrigg Member Posts: 98 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jan 13, 2017 1:20PM

Haven't had that exact error, but with other "join configuration" problems, you need to check your tools/options/advanced and make sure "Multiple Join Path Detection" is NOT checked (so it makes you choose when there are multiple possible joins.  (That's in Desktop - I don't have access to Plus but there must be something similar.)

900334 Member Posts: 3
    edited Jan 13, 2017 2:18PM

Thanks for your Help. I have unchecked that option and then tried un-checking all of them and matching with Discovery Desktop, but still same error.

• sbeck-Oracle
    sbeck-Oracle Member Posts: 116 Employee
    edited Jan 17, 2017 8:56AM

Please try checking "Disable Fan Trap detection" under Tools / Options...  the Advanced tab. 

This setting impacts every worksheet that is run.  A fan trap is a group of joined database tables that might return unexpected results.  Therefore, it is not recommended to keep this option checked.  Prior to running this worksheet, check this option.  Then uncheck it.  Or redesign the worksheet so that a Fan Trap is not present.

This discussion has been closed.